English Adv 5/90
Maths General 5/85
Music 2 2/15
Music Ext 2/11
SDD 3/6
Modern History 4/45
Business Stud. 7/50

(estimate)

These are my goals, obviously I will try and get rank 1 in all of them but I know there are freaks in my class who will try their best to make that
not happen.

Can someone give me a decent guestimate?

Thanks

-School Rank 80-100.

Aysce

HSC
I think OP will get with those ranks: 95-96.

RiceBag

HSC
Wow thanks, that's better than I thought...

enoilgam

HSC
I reckon 95-97, general maths probably wouldnt count in this case.

RiceBag

HSC
Any idea of what I could do after the HSC?

I don't want to do arts primarily... and nothing to do with IT. I'd like something that pays very well after uni.

Aysce

HSC
Do you happen to have an interest in anything? e.g. Do you like music? Are you interested in business & economics and all that.

RiceBag

HSC
Yeah, I'd consider myself good at piano (LmusA in year 9), and I love commerce but I hear you need mathematics to get into the course at Syd Uni.

If I did ext maths, I would definitely go for Engineering or Architecture but at the same time, if I got 98+, i'd go for law.

Last edited:

Aysce

HSC
You can always bridge mathematics for Bachelor of Commerce. Look through what's in this degree, it might interest you and I think the job prospects aren't too bad. I know that basing this off one person isn't a sufficient sample space to draw out a general conclusion but my friend who did general maths is currently studying 2u maths and he finds that it isn't that much of a jump in difficulty - maybe this might apply to you if you decide to undertake Commerce and bridge 2u.

broncos123

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I'd consider myself good at piano (LmusA in year 9), and I love commerce but I hear you need mathematics to get into the course at Syd Uni.

If I did ext maths, I would definitely go for Engineering or Architecture but at the same time, if I got 98+, i'd go for law.
Lol, don't do Law just because you think "it pays well". Do something you enjoy, you don't want to be stuck in a course you hate, especially Law.

enoilgam

HSC
Lol, don't do Law just because you think "it pays well". Do something you enjoy, you don't want to be stuck in a course you hate, especially Law.
This 100%. Look, obviously, money is going to be a factor in your decision making when it comes to a career, but at least try and pick something which you like. Law can be incredibly boring and dry and if you dont like it, it will make you miserable. Besides, law isnt exactly a goldmine when it comes to moneu - many lawyers dont make big money anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)