• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Pre-Study snacks? (1 Viewer)

FC ATAR

HSC
Hey all.

I get home around 3:30 and spend 30-60minutes just eating and getting ready to study. I'll then study for 2 hours and always fibd myself struggling to stay awake towards the end. I do have quite a bad sleeping pattern and yes I not getting tired as much now but in still soo hungry! I generally eat a Tuna salad and then snack on nuts but I do over do it with the nuts (snacking turning into a meal). Any suggestions? What foods do you eat that help you switch on?

Thanks.

astroman

HSC
cold water is great to drink while you study and eat light snacks before and during your study to keep you attentive, i suggest fruits or something light like biscuits.

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
I always have a bunch of muesli bars or a sneaky chocolate if I'm going to be working on English

Ekman

HSC
Whenever I get home, I like to hydrate myself with cool cold water, helps heaps. But I tend to refrain from foods containing sugar, such as chocolates and lollies, as it provides me a sugar rush for half an hour and then im gone for the rest of the night. In terms of snacks, I occasionally like to eat salt and vinegar chips. Overall a good glass of water pretty much helps me out with my studies.

astroman

HSC
Whenever I get home, I like to hydrate myself with cool cold water, helps heaps. But I tend to refrain from foods containing sugar, such as chocolates and lollies, as it provides me a sugar rush for half an hour and then im gone for the rest of the night. In terms of snacks, I occasionally like to eat salt and vinegar chips. Overall a good glass of water pretty much helps me out with my studies.
and yet ur dp is baklava

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
My mum makes curried beef or chicken everyday for lunch, so when I get home I eat that (I find it pretty filling), but I keep away from the rice because I find that big meals will send me to sleep straight away

If you're white or asian then go for Mi Go Reng noodles

royalgoyal

HSC
try avoiding too much junk food eat a minimal amount and also mainly drink water, fruits would be a good start.
Make sure not too much fizzy drinks unless you need caffeine

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Recommend drinking tea if you need something to tide you over for a short while.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Eat whilst you organise your workspace for studying.
I recommend having a big bottle of water - so you don't have to keep getting up to refill - or hot/warm tea.
Shower before starting to study to feel fresh and wear comfortable clothes.
For food choices, I think fruits are the best or a simple snack such as "Egg in a Hole" (which is literally a hole in bread with a fried egg in it).
Organise what work you want to do, as you eat. Its multi-tasking steps within the preparation stage to decrease the amount of time.

I do this because, the minute you come home, you still have the mentality of being at school - working seriously. I feel that, if you take too long getting comfortable, you will eventually feel demotivated and a little tired.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)