Predict the UAI that YOU will get. (1 Viewer)

T

Testpilot

Sam gives me 90.40 for my trial marks, so considering that i didn't study that good. I want to get around 95 so if i study i'll be right.

Monstar

HSC
i dont work hard enough.. i will be expecting something slightly over 80.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Aim: 98.05
Realistic Aim: 96.5 + EAS
If I push my best, and according to SAM: 98.60
What I'm currently going at, according to SAM: 96.75

Seeing as SAM is two years old who knows :(?

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
how did u do it? did you just plug raw trial marks in?

Bookie

Banned
HSC
No, you have to have a good guess at what you'll get in the HSC.

Factors; your current raw marks, your ranking, your schools ranking, past results, your pure genius.

Real example;
My raw mark for MX2 was 55%. my ranking is approximately 80th/120. My schools rank is 8th, and probably 2nd when it comes to maths. Past results of the school show that those who got were ranked 80th in previous years got a high 80s mark. I put in a guess of 87 for myself. Of course, this is without putting in other personal factors [ie i was away for 3 months, so my external will clearly be better than my internal, thanks to my pure genius, nd I probably should put in 90]

DO NOT PUT YOUR RAW TRIALS MARKS IN. Remember, anyone can top a shit school. If you get 100s there, and then in the externals you get 50. Then, SURPRISE.

lilsxcwog89

Lazy Ass
HSC
English - 85
G.Maths - 92
Biology - 85
Legal Studies - 80
Modern History - 88
Studies of Religion - 42

Hopefully a mid 80 to low 90 UAI.

angmor

HSC
ill estimate then

english 2u - 79
maths 2u - 82
biology - 85
physics - 78
chemistry - 78

that give me about 80 uai right? lol ill be happy with that

Irskin

HSC
Trial results (SAM): 99.95

Predited/Target UAI: 99.00

Last edited:

angmor

HSC
how the fuck did u get a mean trial result of 99.95? do u mean to say ur trial results were all 99%+ ???

H

housemouse

angmor said:
how the fuck did u get a mean trial result of 99.95? do u mean to say ur trial results were all 99%+ ???
I think he meant he put his trial marks into SAM and that was his result. I dont know why people even think of doing that. They're just raw marks and for some reason, some people repeatedly spell trial as trail.

L

littlewing69

SAM spits out 95.5 for my raw trial marks. Considering I go to a good school and I only need 96.5 anyway, I should be fine.

sinist4

HSC
75+, i want 85 but im not going to get my hopes up LOL (so if i get it i'll be even more happi)... anyway i'll just go and study now LOL :)

Irskin

HSC
housemouse said:
I think he meant he put his trial marks into SAM and that was his result. I dont know why people even think of doing that. They're just raw marks and for some reason, some people repeatedly spell trial as trail.
Get a life housemouse. Maybe u should stop worrying about typographical errors and concentrate on getting half decent marks. People put their raw "TRIAL" marks into SAM so they have something to aspire to

shimmy&shine

HSC
You can't just 'predict' UAIs like this. Every school is sooooo different.

Big Example:

My maths trial mark was 56% (only 3 people in my class passed)
this was scaled to a wonderful 80%.

It depends how overall the grade does as well. You may be getting fabulous marks, but if you have half the students in your school not giving a crap and failing, then that would create a dent in the expected UAI.

Correct me if I'm wrong please...

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
Tim035 said:
Umm Catholic trials.. with just modified options in biology and chemistry.

I guess mainly its just english, I look at the band 6 standard packages and just go... my essays are no where near that standard. But in the trials I got 17/20 for module B and 19/20 for module C I was like WTF!?!?

Plus I go to a preety average school... In biology I came first in the trials by 33 marks and in PDHPE by 23 marks, no joke.
nice!! :D

if you're doing high scaling subjects then yeah i'd say a really high UAI for you :D

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
shimmy&shine said:
You can't just 'predict' UAIs like this. Every school is sooooo different.

Big Example:

My maths trial mark was 56% (only 3 people in my class passed)
this was scaled to a wonderful 80%.

It depends how overall the grade does as well. You may be getting fabulous marks, but if you have half the students in your school not giving a crap and failing, then that would create a dent in the expected UAI.

Correct me if I'm wrong please...
yeah same same...

my 4u mark was scaled from 40 percent to 80 percent and my 3u mark was scaled from 63 percent to 94 percent :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)