Predicting what will be in it :S (1 Viewer)

jennieTalia

HSC
Sangfroid said:
Seriously doubt there'll be a question about the forum this year, they had that in '06. :/ I hope it's not too specific >_>.

Quite sure the last Q (15 mark one) will be about conservations issues or ethical issues though, since the other two topics were covered in the prev. 2 years. :) My desperate last-minute study is gonna be based off those.
True.... forum is so easy though :(

I would hate a baths question. Would be nice to have one on the home, with the impluvium and that.

Kelly47

HSC
They ask me anything, I'll fail. I suck at this subject lol.

P+H - Conservation + Reconstruction or ethical issues
Greek World 500-440BC - Hopefuly a simple why did the Greeks win? or something.
Xerxes - Um... How he became King and... building programme, specifically Persepolis. Fail.
New Kingdom Egypt to the death of Amenhotep III - Er, no idea. :/ Maybe something to do with the afterlife/religious beliefs.

Man I am so going to fail lol. If they ask about the forum I am screwed lol. Wasn't that in last years? Or was that something else my teacher showed us? Agh hate this subject lol.

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
What were the questions in the 2008 CSSA paper for Pompeii, Alexander the great and Greek World 500-440 BC?

it could be similar to the HSC

jennieTalia

HSC
Nasonex said:
What were the questions in the 2008 CSSA paper for Pompeii, Alexander the great and Greek World 500-440 BC?

no idea sorry, i only do the topics above

Loved the CSSA paper for mine though.

HSC
P&H - i'm predicting conservation for the 10 mark, but i want it to be changing methods or ethics. they usually ask a 'how does it work' type question for the 4-mark, and so far they have been from the same dot point, so maybe how the baths work or something (i.e. hypocaust). i doubt they'll ask about religion for the 8-marker again... hopefully it will be something about leisure, the economy or social status.

historical period - unification - the only two areas i'm good at were asked last year, woo. unless it has something to do with religious/political significance of architectural features, or decentralisation i.e. changing power of the nobles, i'm screwed.

hatshepsut - claim to the throne/succession, some sort of assessment of her reign.

sparta - erm, no idea. all the parts of this topic i excel at have already been asked. fail. hopefully there will be some kind of economy question.

jeahsen

HSC
it's great having only half a day to cram

fuk u ext math and ext eng

justbecause

icanhascheezburger
HSC
Nasonex said:

Pompeii:
Q2: main features of the economy of P and/or H.
Q3: impact of tourism on both conservation and reconstruction at P+H.

Greek world (500-440BC):
Why did the Greeks win the Persian Wars?
OR
Nature of Athenian imperialism.

Alexander:
a) Consolidation of Macedonian control of the Greek mainland
b) modern images and interpretations of Alexander's career.

----

I loved the Trials. got band 6, whoo!

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
How the fuck would you answer modern images and interpretations of Alexander's career?

justbecause

icanhascheezburger
HSC
Nasonex said:
How the fuck would you answer modern images and interpretations of Alexander's career?
I didn't do Alexander, but Cleopatra VII...the question was similar...I used ancient sources and said they influenced the modern sources, so regardless you incorporate both ancient and modern interpretations.

jennieTalia

HSC
justbecause said:
I didn't do Alexander, but Cleopatra VII...the question was similar...I used ancient sources and said they influenced the modern sources, so regardless you incorporate both ancient and modern interpretations.
nice question for Hatshepsut I think.

gk0608

HSC
jennieTalia said:
He introduced Gauls into the Senate! There was a massive inscription about it. I did him for my speech, hence the weird socially-deprived enthusiasm about a balding slobbering (as my AH teacher says) old man.
It caused problems and the Senate were pissed, but maius imperium and all....
I have a feeling he also gave them citizenship as well... but you might wanna check that.
oh right, haha i wasn't sure what exactly you meant by 'gauls' i thought you meant to say the invasion or something

gk0608

HSC
russianROULETTE said:
sparta - erm, no idea. all the parts of this topic i excel at have already been asked. fail. hopefully there will be some kind of economy question.
yeh but everything they've asked has basically covered the entire syllabus so they'll have to ask similar questions again =P plus its all sort of linked, if you do economy, you have to see how social structure affected that...
i'm sort of unsure about the 'marriage customs' though. that hasn't been asked and i can't find it in my textbook...i might have to google it XD
you sound like you know what you're talking about for the rest of the course though, so you'll probably do really well =)

hmmm for P+H i'm hoping for a streetscape question somewhere =P, our trial had a similar question about pompeii's layout.

missashy

HSC
hoping p&h is about conservation & restoration bullcrap
NK in egypt the economy
Agrippina modern/ancient interpretations & changing roles with seneca and burrus n the imperial freedmen
Augustus building programs

jeahsen

HSC
relationships for personalities

houses for P & H

role of helots for Sparta (theyve asked for periokoi and women so why not?)

HSC
gk0608 said:
yeh but everything they've asked has basically covered the entire syllabus so they'll have to ask similar questions again =P plus its all sort of linked, if you do economy, you have to see how social structure affected that...
actually, there are a few they haven't really asked, like food and clothing, art, architecture, writing and literature... either that or i haven't gone back far enough lol. but yeah, i love economy.

i'm sort of unsure about the 'marriage customs' though. that hasn't been asked and i can't find it in my textbook...i might have to google it XD
i was actually making notes on this earlier today, i'll type them up (will be good revision):

- married when they were 'ripe for it' (Plutarch), i.e. physically ready unlike other societies where women married very young
- married within their own social class, meaning that property became concentrated in the hands of a few families
- two accounts describe marriage by capture, however this was likely symbolic as it appears women had an inut in who their daughters would marry
- account by Plutarch describes the shaving of the bride's hair, possibly to ease the man into intercourse with a woman rather than a man, or it could imply chastity or subjection of the woman to her husband
- beforehand tehre was a women-only feast in which brest-shaped cakes were eaten (possibly for fertility puroses), a hymn by Alcman was sung
- 'trial marriage' - men thought to have sneaked to see their wives at night until a child was produced, if this did not happen an alternate arrangement could be made
- also taking place was the practice of 'wife sharing' (or as modern feminist historians have called it, 'husband doubling') whereby a man could allow his wife to hae a child by another women (thought to have been introduced to bolster population of Spartiates)

and that's about it lol. hope it helps.

you sound like you know what you're talking about for the rest of the course though, so you'll probably do really well =)
haha, i only know general stuff, though. i'm screwed if they ask something like art or private houses in pompeii i'm totally screwed lol

hmmm for P+H i'm hoping for a streetscape question somewhere =P, our trial had a similar question about pompeii's layout.
they very well may. if you look at the 2006 specimen paper, that was the 4-marker, and often questions similar to the specimen paper are used.

jeahsen said:
relationships for personalities

houses for P & H

role of helots for Sparta (theyve asked for periokoi and women so why not?)
lol, i'm the opposite. i would cry if any of these turned up in the exam.

ees1

HSC
pretty sure you can't predict pompeii and herculaneum because it's only been going for two years.... so really they can ask anything barring religion/forum. oh but it will probably be conservation for the third question, cause ethical issues are pretty non-existent and they've asked archaeologists/new technologies

ancient society (i did athens) i have no idea.

cleopatra i'd say probably at least one of the questions will have something to do with caesar - they've asked antony, and caesar is such a huge aspect of her life. maybe nature/manner of death? ancient and modern interpretations is also an option, did an assessment on this.

for the augustan age i think it's hard to predict as well because it's only a recent topic (after they separated augustus from the julio claudians). personally i'd like the reforms or something on his image (these were our questions in our trial).

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
jennieTalia said:
I suck at Gaius... mainly because he just sat around being psycho rather than DOING ANYTHING... no wait... he made his Senator a horse. good move.
im pretty sure it was the other way around....lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)