• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Predictions for Chemistry 2014 HSC? (2 Viewers)

Hi there444

HSC
Lol mreditor doesn't do chem doubt he's going to look at this thread

whats yours Hi there? :D

OMG HOW DID YOU FIGURE THAT OUT!!!!!!!
Hahaha I cant just say that out in public. But who knows abdul may be his name and faisal is not included in his name?

Hi there444

HSC
The pracs are simple. Most take like 2 seconds.

You have to elaborate on what i've written below, but in simple terms.

Water Hardness - chuck soap flakes in soft water and hard water. Soft water = froth, Hard water = small powder (scum aka calcium stearate) at bottom of test tube. Titration with EDTA (also not done by most schools, just got to know the ratio is 1:1, ratio of Calcium ions to EDTA ions
Turbidity - using a turbidity column, pour water in until you cannot see the "X" at the bottom, read of measurement on the column.
pH - pH meter or pH probe attached to a data logger.
Ions - precipitation
BOD - Gather water, measure the dissolved oxygen concentration. Place in brown blag, place in the dark for 5 days. Measure DO again, difference in DO levels = BOD.
Total Dissolved Solids - using a conductivity meter or evaporation of water sample.
DO - using oxygen sensitive electrode or Winkler titration (titration which you do not do at school, too long and complex)
Oh btw isnt it turbidity tube or secchi disk?

GOsie

HSC
Reviving my shipwrecks question as it was left unanswered.
i) Name of method for removing salt from an artifact recovered from a wreck (1 mark)
ii) Explain, with reference to two examples, chemical procedures used to clean and preserve artifacts from wrecks (5 marks)

Non-shipwrecks people:
Outline the difference in chemical structure between the Oxygen molecule (O2) and the Ozone molecule (O3), and with reference to these, outline two differences in their chemical properties (4 marks)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)