predictions for CRIME question? (1 Viewer)

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
social crime prevention ie education, regulation and coercion has not been askd yet so it might appear

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
Yeah it's a bit hard to predict however I’m hoping crime prevention will come up. I was talking to my teacher and he thought international crime could come up for the second year running. Sentencing could also be asked.

vanillalatte

HSC
predictions never worked for me. board of studies ppl are sneeky and always overrules my intelligence. the safest way is probably go over all the syllabus points and have a general knowledge on all concepts with some cases and legislations on the important ones to back it up, eg crime prevention or sentencing process etc. best of luck.

MouNtY

my teacher said the same thing abt the international law being in this years paper as well

= Jennifer =

HSC
i think international law because of david hicks stuff that is happening...my legal teacher marked crime last year and he said the questions were badly worded lets just hope this year they cut us some slack

santaslayer

HSC
= Jennifer = said:
i think international law because of david hicks stuff that is happening...my legal teacher marked crime last year and he said the questions were badly worded lets just hope this year they cut us some slack
For last year I think it was mainly based on international crime. eg. Transnational crime etc...
The year before I know there was a big section on extradition and the HSC teachers kicked up a big stink about it because most texts used a paragraph to explain the concept clearly.

This year? I don't know, but teacher predicted sentencing issues.

dezzy

HSC
we did sentencing issues in our trial...could that be a bit of a hint?

MouNtY

what do you mean by sentencing issues? is that like the post sentencing decisions?

cheeky_panda

HSC
yeh, the CSSA trial as education, coercion, regulation etc, and it was yucky!!!

Hoping this was no hint! I would prefer sentencing procedure any day!

MouNtY

am i the only one on this whole forum that has absoloutly no idea wat a CSSA Trial is?lol coz i think i am...

uplatelunatic

Im putting all my chips on this one!

Crime Question 2004

It has got to have something to do with rights of the victims versus the rights of the accused. I just have a really strong feeling.

Also, if you look at the syllabus dot points, and compare them with the crime questions asked since 2001, you will find that the only key questions not yet specified in the crime section are:

- Is the adversary system the best system for achieving justice in criminal trials?
- What role could be played by an international criminal court?
- What are the implications of plea bargaining for the notion of justice for the accused, the victim and the rights of accused people?

And, as I said, whilst prepared for all the others, I'm betting on the last one, I think it will be part c) of d) and an "Evaluate" just remember the debate as to whether the victim and their families rights out weight the rights of a person who's liberty is at stake. There are HEAPS of case studies out there and there has been a lot of media hype in the past 6 mths.

Good luck, feel free to contact me for any other last minute advice.
Legal is my trump card, it just clicks. Its my final exam (my 9th exam!!!) and i have had 12 days to prepare, plus I am not under as much pressure as most, because the university has already accepted me to study a double degree in Law/Psychology, and told me even if i get UAI 40 they still want me! Which made me feel all warm and fuzzy :p

Sophie777

uplatelunatic said:
Crime Question 2004

It has got to have something to do with rights of the victims versus the rights of the accused. I just have a really strong feeling.

Also, if you look at the syllabus dot points, and compare them with the crime questions asked since 2001, you will find that the only key questions not yet specified in the crime section are:

- Is the adversary system the best system for achieving justice in criminal trials?
- What role could be played by an international criminal court?
- What are the implications of plea bargaining for the notion of justice for the accused, the victim and the rights of accused people?

And, as I said, whilst prepared for all the others, I'm betting on the last one, I think it will be part c) of d) and an "Evaluate" just remember the debate as to whether the victim and their families rights out weight the rights of a person who's liberty is at stake. There are HEAPS of case studies out there and there has been a lot of media hype in the past 6 mths.

Good luck, feel free to contact me for any other last minute advice.
Legal is my trump card, it just clicks. Its my final exam (my 9th exam!!!) and i have had 12 days to prepare, plus I am not under as much pressure as most, because the university has already accepted me to study a double degree in Law/Psychology, and told me even if i get UAI 40 they still want me! Which made me feel all warm and fuzzy :p
What UNI is this?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
DooNy_TeChY said:
am i the only one on this whole forum that has absoloutly no idea wat a CSSA Trial is?lol coz i think i am...
CSSA Trials are the Catholic Secondary Schools Assosciation Trial, they are done be a lot of the catholic systemic schools, and along with the Independant trials, are considered by some to be the best trials as they are sat by many schools

MouNtY

townie said:
CSSA Trials are the Catholic Secondary Schools Assosciation Trial, they are done be a lot of the catholic systemic schools, and along with the Independant trials, are considered by some to be the best trials as they are sat by many schools

oh really? wow.....so would it be possible for me to get the legal CSSA trial from somewhere? if someone oculd tell me where and IF i could get these trials you please let me know

thanx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)