• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Predictions for Modern? (4 Viewers)

ivyska

HSC
why does everyone obsess abt the cssa trials, do they usually predict the hsc questions?????
sometimes, last year they were pretty dog shit for indochina at least, but i think people just care about predictions on papers in general, like people want the indep questions as well

ivyska

HSC
once at my school in a previous hsc year someone tried answering every single essay question from every single topic ?? despite not learning most of that content at all

according to my teacher they just marked his best/longest one i think
hes my spirit animal

Pielavender1234

HSC
Hey guys, does anyone know what this years Russia, Conflict in Europe, and Apartheid in soth africa question gonna be. Im really starting to get worried, and I want to know what dot point I should maybe focus on.

Thanks in advance

radagastthebrown

HSC
once at my school in a previous hsc year someone tried answering every single essay question from every single topic ?? despite not learning most of that content at all

according to my teacher they just marked his best/longest one i think
LMAO 🤣🤣

Pielavender1234

HSC
Another quick question, can I get good marks in Modern if I dont mention historians at all? Like a good 23 or even 24, even I dont mention any historian
:wavey:

utopianimal

HSC
is it possible for russia for them to ask 2 essays on soviet foreign policy? cos im thinkign of ignoring that dot point

radagastthebrown

HSC
is it possible for russia for them to ask 2 essays on soviet foreign policy? cos im thinkign of ignoring that dot point
I really doubt it, only in 2022 did they ask 2 questions from the same major dot point, and that was 'The Soviet State under Stalin', which is already a huge dot point. I literally think there is a 0.01% chance they would ask two questions on foreign policy.

bcv

HSC
Another quick question, can I get good marks in Modern if I dont mention historians at all? Like a good 23 or even 24, even I dont mention any historian
:wavey:
yeah that is possible, there was someone who got 97 in modern without mentioning historians at all, but i remember my teacher said its best to have historians to solidify your essays, i got 25/25 for my section II and my teacher said it was cause i incorporated historian quotes that made up for some weaker points i made.

DoubleTrj

HSC
Any other notable dot points worth planning for apart from these?
Russia: political transformation, Bolshevik consolidation, emergence of Stalin
Europe: d-day, early successes

Solarised

HSC
yeah that is possible, there was someone who got 97 in modern without mentioning historians at all, but i remember my teacher said its best to have historians to solidify your essays, i got 25/25 for my section II and my teacher said it was cause i incorporated historian quotes that made up for some weaker points i made.
I got 25 without historian quotes??? I've never been told to include them, might as well memorise some if it actually helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)