• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Predictions for Modern? (17 Viewers)

hscccc

HSC
cant tell u for sure, I'm gambling pretty hard myself, but most questions usually reference a dot point explicitly and they haven't done japanese advanced so I'd brush up on that and hope for the best lol
hope our gambles pay off 🤞

Ngiunta11

HSC
What are the chances we get a foreign policy question for Russia? What are everyone’s predictions for Indochina? Should I neglect studying Pol Pot and Tet Offensive?

eamoolaa

HSC
cant tell u for sure, I'm gambling pretty hard myself, but most questions usually reference a dot point explicitly and they haven't done japanese advanced so I'd brush up on that and hope for the best lol
by any chance do you have an essay plan for life under occupation?

utopianimal

HSC
could they ask this questions or nuremburg trials? '

îž” Civilians at war, including:
– social and economic effects of the war on civilians in Britain, Germany and the Soviet Union

– the nature and effects of the Holocaust in the Nazi-occupied territories
'

Harry_062

HSC
could they ask this questions or nuremburg trials? '

îž” Civilians at war, including:
– social and economic effects of the war on civilians in Britain, Germany and the Soviet Union

– the nature and effects of the Holocaust in the Nazi-occupied territories
'
They’ve used those dot points already - although not in its entirety so it very much could be a possibility

caliw35

HSC
by any chance do you have an essay plan for life under occupation?
I don't have anything but just looking at it now, you could talk about 3ish countries under occupation (like thailand, burma, malaya, dutch east indies and vietnam) and then break down into collaboration, resistance or slave labour. you could also do it the other way, talk about collaboration, resistance and slave labour as paragraphs and then slot in all the countries as examples.

don't fully take my word tho as I'm still yet to figure out my approach lol. hope this helps?

eamoolaa

HSC
I don't have anything but just looking at it now, you could talk about 3ish countries under occupation (like thailand, burma, malaya, dutch east indies and vietnam) and then break down into collaboration, resistance or slave labour. you could also do it the other way, talk about collaboration, resistance and slave labour as paragraphs and then slot in all the countries as examples.

don't fully take my word tho as I'm still yet to figure out my approach lol. hope this helps?
yeah that's great thank you

rev668

HSC
to those doing apartheid, what do you look at // write for south african security forces? all i have is that the demarcations between police and soldiers were gone creating a combination of forces aimed at preventing riots and maintaining repressive laws -- is there any examples from the syllabus where they are present? (ie soweto uprising, sharpeville) or do i have to find new ideas? we barely looked at this in class ):

edit- maybe i should of posted this in the general 2024 hsc forum but people are active here too so whoops
i just did this if you want the rundown for other security forces

eamoolaa

HSC

also I might be wrong but this dot point ties well into the one above, I feel like purely talking about collaboration, resistance and slave labour isn't enough and it might be worth it to discuss social,political and economic impacts as it is still about occupation of territory.

- this is also why I think that the question in 2019 hints on this because it is still about civilian life under occupation, regardless there's a high chance they ask it but just word it differently

Willwarbrick123

HSC
to those doing apartheid, what do you look at // write for south african security forces? all i have is that the demarcations between police and soldiers were gone creating a combination of forces aimed at preventing riots and maintaining repressive laws -- is there any examples from the syllabus where they are present? (ie soweto uprising, sharpeville) or do i have to find new ideas? we barely looked at this in class ):

edit- maybe i should of posted this in the general 2024 hsc forum but people are active here too so whoops
also say that the security forces occupied key government installations, for instance, the Sasol oil refinery that the MK were constantly trying to sabotage in the 80s

redisdead

HSC
I have a copy here is the source

"Black consciousness was the promotion of the view that South Africa was a black country on a black continent and that black leadership, interest and values had to be asserted and had to dominate.

Steve Biko: I write what I like"

Hope this helps, and good luck with tommorrow.
By the way is there any chance you have the source A of nazi impact on religion? Sorry if this is too much to ask

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)