• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Predictions for Modern? (14 Viewers)

pld

HSC
some historians don't think so like j arch getty and shelia fitzpatrick, for example, their religious reforms to ban it largely failed and 50% of ppl where still reglious so he didn't have complete control, also his cult of personality was a bit flimsy, also getty argued the purges and terror were largely brought on by the people using the yezhovshchina as a means to social mobility by accusing others
+ collectivisation failed initially which resulted in a temporary backdown of Stalin in March 1930

toomanyrats

HSC
anyone got the quote about dzezirk or whatever and totalitarianism
Idk if you mean this, "Friedrich and Brzezinski’s model defines Totalitarianism as a system of government where a single party, guided by a charismatic leader and official ideology, rules through terror and a monopolistic control of economy, military and media."
But if its totalitarianism im definitely gonna include that in my intro (or what i remember from it) and link all my para's back to it, its what my teachers told us to do aswell.

rev668

HSC
Idk if you mean this, "Friedrich and Brzezinski’s model defines Totalitarianism as a system of government where a single party, guided by a charismatic leader and official ideology, rules through terror and a monopolistic control of economy, military and media."
But if its totalitarianism im definitely gonna include that in my intro (or what i remember from it) and link all my para's back to it, its what my teachers told us to do aswell.
legend mate

toomanyrats

HSC
For Indochina im praying for impact on civilians or reasons for communist victory. whats everyone predicting?

karamazova

HSC
For Indochina im praying for impact on civilians or reasons for communist victory. whats everyone predicting?
prayinggggg for impact of civilians in vietnam & developments in north and south vietnam 1954-1964. wouldn't be surprised if they asked a foreign policy 1964-1979 question so i'm also prepping for that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)