• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Predictions for Modern? (6 Viewers)

beanbug

HSC
Honestly I had no expectations for Core, I absolutely fumbled it in the trial, same with russia 😔 Thankfully I was carried by the CRM and indochina. But I just went in there and my plan was to just reference the source and answer the question hahahaha
Yeah I didn't study for core as much as my other sections. I got pretty equal marks across all my sections but i soo flopped my crm today. China is honestly 50/50 - thought I got full marks in my trial essay and ended up with 18 💀 improvement is all I want

Zippas

HSC
I did the anti war movement q instead bc I was running out of time and I thought it would be the easier option. But I def would've structured it like that too!
I did
- conscription/youth opposition
- effects of tet offensive on the anti war movement
- access of media / questioning morality of movement
That seems very solid, I honestly neglected anti-war study because I did not anticipate a whole Q on it, and since they asked Tet and US withdrawal the previous two years I figured I wouldn't need it. I also couldn't think of a clear structure in time during the reading time

Thought about conscription and tet but other than that I didn't have much to go off but seems like you got it in the bag

Zippas

HSC
Yeah I didn't study for core as much as my other sections. I got pretty equal marks across all my sections but i soo flopped my crm today. China is honestly 50/50 - thought I got full marks in my trial essay and ended up with 18 💀 improvement is all I want
That was me for Russia haha, I just knew nothing about the show trials for the CSSA trial which is what brought my essay down 😢 came in today so prepared for political transformation just for it to be the same as last year lmao

beanbug

HSC
That seems very solid, I honestly neglected anti-war study because I did not anticipate a whole Q on it, and since they asked Tet and US withdrawal the previous two years I figured I wouldn't need it. I also couldn't think of a clear structure in time during the reading time

Thought about conscription and tet but other than that I didn't have much to go off but seems like you got it in the bag
You have no idea the confidence boost you just gave me lmaoo I tried to be as nuanced as possible in all of my responses bc I was missing that during trials

beanbug

HSC
That was me for Russia haha, I just knew nothing about the show trials for the CSSA trial which is what brought my essay down 😢 came in today so prepared for political transformation just for it to be the same as last year lmao
Thats so frustrating! I hate being prepped and then it's literally something completely different... how do you think you went this time?

Zippas

HSC
You have no idea the confidence boost you just gave me lmaoo I tried to be as nuanced as possible in all of my responses bc I was missing that during trials
Yeah I was hoping to be able to do a cool response with something to do with Cambodia if it was impact of the war or reasons for communist victory. But ig Nesa had other ideas hahaha

beanbug

HSC
Yeah I was hoping to be able to do a cool response with something to do with Cambodia if it was impact of the war or reasons for communist victory. But ig Nesa had other ideas hahaha
I was hoping for cambodia too ngl I find it soo interesting so I studied it a lot plus I've been there which is pretty helpful! I did my ihi on it last yr too but nesa can't let us have anything

Zippas

HSC
Thats so frustrating! I hate being prepped and then it's literally something completely different... how do you think you went this time?
Thankfully I went over my power struggle essay because a few people mentioned the possibility I even taught it to a few of my friends a few hours before the exam, I was severely doubting I'd need it because I was like 1000% sure I had predicted it, but I was so so wrong for literally everything 😥

but it all worked out fine in the end, both Russia and Indo were awesome, didn't let it bother me much and just got it done 😎

Zippas

HSC
I was hoping for cambodia too ngl I find it soo interesting so I studied it a lot plus I've been there which is pretty helpful! I did my ihi on it last yr too but nesa can't let us have anything
All I knew was like year zero haha and some stats around operation menu and bombing, I did the league of nations for my thing last year, thankfully that ended up being soooooo (not) useful for the core section :hammer:

ineedhelp108

HSC
same for my trials. i wish it had been political transformation, i prepared sm for it

Zippas

HSC
same for my trials. i wish it had been political transformation, i prepared sm for it
Literally was so prepared to talk about the 1936 zinoviev kamanev and 1938 bukharin and rykov trial 😢 even studied the 1937 army one because I wanted to cover everything

beanbug

HSC
Thankfully I went over my power struggle essay because a few people mentioned the possibility I even taught it to a few of my friends a few hours before the exam, I was severely doubting I'd need it because I was like 1000% sure I had predicted it, but I was so so wrong for literally everything 😥

but it all worked out fine in the end, both Russia and Indo were awesome, didn't let it bother me much and just got it done 😎
Thats so good that you went over it!! I'm gonna sound absolutely insane when I say this but I always get a gut feeling about what's going to be on the exam like two days before it?? I knew there was gonna be a Japanese imperialism q for China so I studied it soo much and there was!
I'm glad that your essays went well! Hoping for a band 6 for you

beanbug

HSC
All I knew was like year zero haha and some stats around operation menu and bombing, I did the league of nations for my thing last year, thankfully that ended up being soooooo (not) useful for the core section :hammer:
I was hoping for the 3/4/6/12 split again... source eval, account for perspective. Is this the first year they haven't tested the survey in either of the short ans questions?

Zippas

HSC
Thats so good that you went over it!! I'm gonna sound absolutely insane when I say this but I always get a gut feeling about what's going to be on the exam like two days before it?? I knew there was gonna be a Japanese imperialism q for China so I studied it soo much and there was!
I'm glad that your essays went well! Hoping for a band 6 for you
Likewise! Im more pissed that out of all the hours I spent studying Russia over the last week, It ends up being one of my least favourite points that I spent like an hour on 😭 but oh well at least I did well I reckon

beanbug

HSC
Likewise! Im more pissed that out of all the hours I spent studying Russia over the last week, It ends up being one of my least favourite points that I spent like an hour on 😭 but oh well at least I did well I reckon
This is the first year for a lot of things haha, at least I was right about the role of MLK and KKK for civil rights
I get that lol... it's so crazy how much you have to remember only to be asked on two syllabus points. It makes me a little mad sometimes ngl

I guessed there was gonna be a leadership questions but I thought it was gonna be comparison between king and X. I used the same events in part b and c so idk how that's gonna go. I said diff things about them but I can only hope the marker recognises that

Zippas

HSC
I get that lol... it's so crazy how much you have to remember only to be asked on two syllabus points. It makes me a little mad sometimes ngl

I guessed there was gonna be a leadership questions but I thought it was gonna be comparison between king and X. I used the same events in part b and c so idk how that's gonna go. I said diff things about them but I can only hope the marker recognises that
Well I guess it shouldn't matter, I also mentioned March on Washington for leadership of MLK for b and success of non-violence in part c

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)