• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Predictions for Modern? (21 Viewers)

Solarised

HSC
alignment this year could honestly go either way. the questions were really easy for my essay sections but ive heard that they were a bit all over the place for other people esp for conflict in europe. i think the core section's questions were a bit weird and that 15 marker might have a big impact. i hope its good alignment tho...
more like we would have midline alignment, probably along the lines of 83-84 scaling to a low b6

L. Mandrake

HSC
and the way webb is vehemently denying that it gave any advantage to those who did have it in their trials. sure it probs didnt have THAT much of an impact but im just pissed bc i didnt get it in my trials LOL.

anyways, boycotting ken webb
Yeah, cancel Kenny Webb for this lol. He deserves it...

literallydomfike

HSC
hey, for anyone who did crm, question abt the 8: i'm a bit worried bc i did montgomery projected king to success and spread nvda, march forced federal attention leading to act (64) and was quite hard on the mlk achieved success - totally spaced and had no mention of 'against' reasons. would this bring me down? i checked nesa glossary and it says discuss is "identify issues and provide reasons for and/OR against" but still a bit worried..does anyone have more experience with these questions?

Ngiunta11

HSC
bro im like 99% sure this was in my trial, i was so shocked to open the paper and see it
(in my opinion, i think it gave a little bit of an advantage tbh because i had teachers feedback from my response on analysing that source + my brain automatically knew what to respond with- but i didn't utilise that advantage since i didn't read over my power and authority feedback from trials gg)

anyways does anyone think this year will have cracked alignment or nah cuz i feel like a lot of the questions were really difficult and weird :biglaugh: i might just be coping cause i worked really hard all year for modern history just to be done dirty by the goofiest conflict in Europe and russia questions like why did they ask about the survey in CIE and repeat foreign policy from last year???
Last year 80 aligned with a 92 and that paper was fine. Hoping for this year it’s mid-high 70s

Zippas

HSC
bro im like 99% sure this was in my trial, i was so shocked to open the paper and see it
(in my opinion, i think it gave a little bit of an advantage tbh because i had teachers feedback from my response on analysing that source + my brain automatically knew what to respond with- but i didn't utilise that advantage since i didn't read over my power and authority feedback from trials gg)

anyways does anyone think this year will have cracked alignment or nah cuz i feel like a lot of the questions were really difficult and weird :biglaugh: i might just be coping cause i worked really hard all year for modern history just to be done dirty by the goofiest conflict in Europe and russia questions like why did they ask about the survey in CIE and repeat foreign policy from last year???
Honestly, aside from the backstab from Nesa with that foreign policy Q, "WHY did a power struggle emerge" is such a strange question, like they may as well have asked why did Stalin emerge as leader because my arguments were essentially the same for both. Hope we get awesome scaling to make up for it hahaha

Zippas

HSC
Yeah, cancel Kenny Webb for this lol. He deserves it...
Honestly he's kinda right, the source was used for 2 different questions entirely and I don't think knowing those were cardboard cutouts or not mattered because at the end of the day you just mention it's targeted towards the youth which was pretty apparent

Zippas

HSC
they should scale those who did the independent trial differently to the rest

the purpose of scaling is make it fairer, so go on then make it fairer, given that some students had some of the content prior to the exam, whist others didn’t
Nahhh, because then you'd have to apply the same logic to students who's trial exams or assessment tasks had the exact same question as the HSC because they'd also have an 'unfair advantage', it becomes a slippery slope of what is deemed "fairer"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)