• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Predictions for Modern? (1 Viewer)

karamazova

HSC
national studies - russia
i'm really expecting something to do with political transformation since the last time they asked one was in 2020! (that was "to what extent did the use of terror contribute to the political transformation of the soviet state under stalin?")

my school's trial questions were along the lines of
(a) assess the significance of differing visions for the ussr in the leadership conflict 1924-1929
(b) to what extent can stalinism be considered totalitarianism in the period to 1928? (i answered this one and wouldn't be mad if they asked something like it, but they had a nature of the ussr under stalin question in 2022 so not as likely)

kind of hoping for a power struggles question because i spent so much time revising all the names and stages lol. something like (a) in the hsc wouldn't be at all surprising because the last power struggle question was in 2021 and they haven't asked anything abt "competing visions for the bolshevik party and the ussr".

peace & conflict - indochina
praying for a question abt the impact of conflict on civilians in vietnam!! as far as i know the only syllabus points they haven't yet asked are
  • US foreign policy towards Vietnam from 1964
  • the impact of the war on civilians in Vietnam
so either or maybe even both are pretty likely. my trial question was "assess the impact of war on civilians in vietnam" which is so easy to sustain a judgement through

HSC
i'm really expecting something to do with political transformation since the last time they asked one was in 2020! (that was "to what extent did the use of terror contribute to the political transformation of the soviet state under stalin?")

(a) assess the significance of differing visions for the ussr in the leadership conflict 1924-1929
(b) to what extent can stalinism be considered totalitarianism in the period to 1928? (i answered this one and wouldn't be mad if they asked something like it, but they had a nature of the ussr under stalin question in 2022 so not as likely)

kind of hoping for a power struggles question because i spent so much time revising all the names and stages lol. something like (a) in the hsc wouldn't be at all surprising because the last power struggle question was in 2021 and they haven't asked anything abt "competing visions for the bolshevik party and the ussr".

praying for a question abt the impact of conflict on civilians in vietnam!! as far as i know the only syllabus points they haven't yet asked are
so either or maybe even both are pretty likely. my trial question was "assess the impact of war on civilians in vietnam" which is so easy to sustain a judgement through
-iirc they haven't asked ab tactics + pesm developments in north and south vietnam as well.

thank you for sharing your schools trial qs :)

karamazova

HSC
-iirc they haven't asked ab tactics + pesm developments in north and south vietnam as well.

thank you for sharing your schools trial qs :)
i interpreted the 2021 questions abt the the failures of the us military & nationalist goals described by ho chi minh as those dot points but you have a point! i could def see them asking something abt developments in north and south vietnam 1954-1964.

& you're welcome!! 😊

HSC

cheers elliott smith, i reckon power struggle might show up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)