Predictions for option topics/core (extended response) (1 Viewer)

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Core:
- Like trials it could be on different oxides of nitrogen/sulfur
- those goddamn batteries (lead -acid cell etc.)
- a massive titration question
- Water quality tests (I think this is too easy imo)
- AAS
- the ammonia dude, Haber?

Or something possibly really f'd up.

For those doing Shipwrecks, generally the questions asked for the long 7/8 marker are:
- corrosion at ocean depths
- cleaning/preservation of maritime artefacts
- history of metals, different steels and their uses in shipbuilding

But what other retarded question do you think they could pull off for a 7 marker?
I just have this feeling they want to pull a troll this year and give us an extended response on the most random syllabus dot points that no one knows how to write a response to.

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
I'm hoping for AAS of oxides in the atmosphere as a 7-marker. Or that guy...you know the dude who invented the ammonia thing? Yeah that guy.
Also hoping that the "chemist in a named industry" dot point doesn't come up.

And for Industrial chem, environmental concerns involving sulfuric acid, sodium hydroxide and the solvay process.

Would be happy with any of those questions :)

bangladesh

HSC
I personally think it'll be either on Haber process or maybe ethanol as fuel or something to do with trends in the recovery of the ozone layer as well as what you stated above. Even thought i highly doubt that it'll be a 'long' titration question because titration usually isn't more than 3-4 marks.

bangladesh

HSC
Lol I didn't know of any schools that did that.
It is actually the shortest option and the content is fairly easy. Not sure why industrial is the most common when chem of art is the easiest of all.It does include A LOT of physics tho. so maybe that's why. However I've heard that it aligns better than the other options :p

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
I'm hoping for a 6 marker at like question 33 on why chemists have to collaborate when monitoring the environmental impact of a named electrochemical cell.

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
It is actually the shortest option and the content is fairly easy. Not sure why industrial is the most common when chem of art is the easiest of all.It does include A LOT of physics tho. so maybe that's why. However I've heard that it aligns better than the other options :p
Yeah our class wanted to do forensic, but our teacher explained that the core already covers a lot of industrial, so a lot of it can be used as revision for the core topics, so we did industrial. Plus there's a decent amount of calculation. I guess that's why it's so popular.

Duxify

HSC
Uni Grad
I wouldn't be surprised to see a 6/7 mark question on a tricky galvanic cell of some sort.

There were large short answer questions on galvanic cells in 2009 and 2011, but they were lightly tested in 2010 and 2012...

Duxify

HSC
Uni Grad
There is generally a titration question every year as well...

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I wanted to do it. It looked interesting, but I got stuck with fucking shipwrecks and rust, ew.

I'm hoping for a 6 marker at like question 33 on why chemists have to collaborate when monitoring the environmental impact of a named electrochemical cell.
HAHAHA, well, I don't know any of the equations in the batteries, so I'm screwed if they ask about it.

Ah, I forgot to mention - may be an extended response on the purification of water. And as someone mentioned the whole Ozone thing. Which I am okay with :)

Does anyone do Shipwrecks?

HSC
I'm hoping for AAS of oxides in the atmosphere as a 7-marker. Or that guy...you know the dude who invented the ammonia thing? Yeah that guy.
Also hoping that the "chemist in a named industry" dot point doesn't come up.

And for Industrial chem, environmental concerns involving sulfuric acid, sodium hydroxide and the solvay process.

Would be happy with any of those questions :)

you lost me here. AAS of oxides? not sure if that is even possible. is it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)