Votes: 27 38.0%

• Total voters

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ms 12
Haha our grade knew who our captains would be like since year 9 anywayz
We only knew since the start of this year, our year is abit obvious.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
At our school its a position, but in our grade we are all on the same level...we have about 16 people so we all get along.

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
i was a prefect...but when there's 40, you can normally get away with doing jack all. it was cool though, cos we got a neat navy blue tie, and a little prefects room just for ourselves, and big roomy lockers, and little badges, and pockets for our blazers :D:p

i have to admit though, it was pretty much all show and very little substance.

i did go for captain and all that, but my chances were literally zero...i dunno why i even put my name down. but i think if you have a decent chance, definitely go for it...in any case, it looks great on ur cv :D:p

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
yeah i was skool captain, not much work, the only reason y i got it was nobody else wanted to do the speeches

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
our campaign was kinda funny, i did no campaignin what so eva, but the ppl who did the most were either prefects or didn't get ne thin
howeva this does look really good on ur resume

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
I got captain - our process was really strange. All people in year 11 nomintated - u could nominate yourself, and then everyone got a chance (those nominated) and u gave a speech to yr 10 and 11. then they voted and so did the teachers. Then the top 6 of those went to an interview with the principal, dep principal and representatives of the teachers/ students and they asked u questions etc. and then finally they picked 2 captains and 2 vice captains and the other 2 people became prefects along with four of the next people (like the ones that came after the top 6). Anyway int he end we got 2 female school captains, me and one of my friends. It was a really good process and those people that werent really serious would pull out and it wasnt a popularity contest because u needed to genuinely want to represent the school. its a bit wierd having 2 female captains but i think its good in a way - its the best for the job kinda thing. Who says just because its tradition to have a female and a male that it should determine who is thebest for the job? do u agree or disagree?
Anyway its really good being captain so far - u get better relationships with your teachers and its good representing your students and ur school. I really wanna promote the school best i can! I liked the idea of updating common rooms but the teachers werent for it. Prolly cause the students would just chill instead of study and it would prolly get wrecked too!

piratewolf

At the school I go to, it's more of an accomplishment NOT to get prefectship. 'Bout 150 in the year last time around, and I think less than twenty didn't get it. It's ridiculous.

Incidentally - no special priveleges or extra responsibilities, just a fugly silver badge that costs $70.

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
a 70 dollar badge? you must go to a pretty classy school

Huy

HSC
N/A
Our badges are probably $5

$2 replacement I think, hahaha!

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
Originally posted by piratewolf
At the school I go to, it's more of an accomplishment NOT to get prefectship. 'Bout 150 in the year last time around, and I think less than twenty didn't get it. It's ridiculous.

Incidentally - no special priveleges or extra responsibilities, just a fugly silver badge that costs $70.
hmmm...do u go to MLC? cos i heard u can just volunteer to be prefect there :rolleyes:

hahah...our badges were free! but ties were liek $25, and blazer pockets were $70...fuk :(

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
hahah my prefect badge has broken many times....theres nothing super glue cannot fix :D :p

chris42

HSC
Yeah I was a prefect and it wasn't too bad, helped me learn things in terms of leadership for later in life, did require quite a bit of time and commitment though.

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
u mainly have to uphold the rules and principles of the school :rolleys: also, u have to attend all assemblies and other official functions, represent ur school at stuff, basically be the first to volunteer urself for any assistance to the school, conduct open days, stuff like that. but u normally don't end up doing half of it :D:p

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
pigs.... u 4got to mention the 'priviledge' of being legitimately able 2 jig sport every wk...

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by rukawasan
pigs.... u 4got to mention the 'priviledge' of being legitimately able 2 jig sport every wk...
na, in that case i would give it a pass- sports was one of the best part of skool for me. :p

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
'priviledge'... u can still go... it just means u can legitimately skip it should u tendency run that way...

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
na, in that case i would give it a pass- sports was one of the best part of skool for me. :p
actually, i did more sport this year than i'd ever done, plus i captained 3rds-6ths tennis, and 2nds volleyball

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)