• Didnt get it :(

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Didnt go for it!

Votes: 27 38.0%

• Total voters

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
I wanna make our school betta -- i want to do alotof things in my year as captain did any of u guys do anything outside the compulsory tasks?

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Originally posted by mazza_728
I wanna make our school betta -- i want to do alotof things in my year as captain did any of u guys do anything outside the compulsory tasks?
i wouldn't put too much pressure on ur self, when i was captain i was quick to realise i couldn't please every1, so i went 4 the most common denominator
and when i did propose ideas it was through the SRC (cuz since i was captain, i was the prez), but not all of em will work out

chris42

HSC
Yeah I did, but I probably put a bit too much pressure on myself than I should of. Mind you it was alot easier to get out of doing things being a prefect than a school captain.

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
i was captain and i really enjoyed it. I missed out on alot of school because of it, which annoyed me, so that was hard trying to catch up.

Me and my other captain and 2 vices went to the leaders day last year and we left before the last session. Not only because we live away from sydney and didnt want to get home at all hours of the night, but we were bored with the people who had spoken so far. I was pissed off when i was on the train home reading that Keiran Perkins was due to speak in the last session!

i was on the src since yr 7, and i never expected to get captain. it wasnt a popularity contest last year let me tell you!! which made me feel a little insecure about getting the job.

but it was a great experience and if any of you get it, make the most of it!

parko :D

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by pigs_can_fly
actually, i did more sport this year than i'd ever done, plus i captained 3rds-6ths tennis, and 2nds volleyball
lol, prolly its not that hard to get into the captaining postion in a nerdy skool like yours. :p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ms 12
I didn't go for it, waste of time.
and the elusive Generation Meh has again reared its head :)

i was in the same boat :)

go Gen MEH!!

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
I was a Senior Prefect- below captains and vices but above all the others. Still in the executives, but the work load was basically like normal prefects. :)

I love my prefect experiences. it was great fun.
The badge was free, but I hardly ever worn it coz I don't believe in the 'power of badges' as people called it, it's what I contributed that count!

Huy

HSC
N/A
Hey sugary, I was in the Executive too! :) but I wasn't Senior Prefect.

My school:

1st School Captain
2nd School Vice Captain
3rd Senior Prefect
4th Administration Prefect
5th Sports Captain

6th to 30th - Normal prefects
31st to 160 or something - Normal Year 12 students

I was the Admin Prefect, but the workload was much more than Senior Prefect.
The badge was free, but I hardly ever worn it coz I don't believe in the 'power of badges' as people called it, it's what I contributed that count!
LOL! My badge was free too, but if we were in the Student Executive, we were also "automatically" in the SRC - and got another badge.

I'm going to wear my badges tonight on my tie, hehehe back to school!

Hahah, I once lost my badges... (well, they were taken off me for 1 month) hehehe! :shy: The "power of the badges" was lost. It's a looong story. :D

Aside and if the student who suspended me/snitched is reading this: You suck! :p

Just a bit of a prank, *innocent* :)

Last edited:

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
hahahahaha u got suspended????
ewww pats fairfield.. no offence but i hate ur school.. my friends sister teaches there.. well did until she had twins
how long were u suspended from classes?

we have like a 4 person executive team that sit on the stage at assembly with the principal and vice.. head girl, assistant head girl, src president and src vice president. our leadership team is from people nominating themselves.. then the grade picks their top 10 preferences them the top 24 people are school leaders and they get assigned portfolios if they dont get voted an executive.. which is kinda lame because some of the sport leaders dont really do sport and people got elected like social justice and debating when they arent even involved in it from the start.. and like 8 people got in from a really big group that most of the grade hates lol

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by cro_angel
hahahahaha u got suspended????
Haha yeah once in Year 8 for skipping school for a day, suspended for one day (way to punish someone! I skip school for a day, only to be made to stay home :rolleyes: ). Then I was suspended in Year 12 again, by the same guy who keeps dobbing me in - snitch. LOL :p
ewww pats fairfield.. no offence but i hate ur school..
how long were u suspended from classes?
I don't mind the school, I'm going back in about one hour and staying until 11-12pm; big night this evening. And don't hate me because I go there, I'm just one person hehehe. I was suspended for about 4 days, but I hadn't been back to class for about 5 days. I did my own thing, read/did whatever I liked, under supervision, hehehe. Teachers came into the office and were pretty shocked to see me, thinking it was some joke - but I was given work and it wasn't too bad.
we have like a 4 person executive team that sit on the stage at assembly
That happens at pats too, but it's 5 students (student executive). We sit at the front of the hall and get to look around, have a good perve. LOL, we say the prayers and sit at the top, looking schmick. :shy:

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
ooh yeah!
i busted a girl today for truanting...felt good :D hehehhe

just thought i'd share that with you...*hides*

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by cro_angel
perve?
at a guys school? pats?
with like 15 guys with the same last name in yr 11/12?
lol.. no comment :p
We have female teachers, you know. ;)

And no, I don't perve on guys. :rolleyes:

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
When u guys were prefect wat did u do for the school?
lol i was a prefect and we did absolutely NOTHING during my last two terms of school ;D bloody brilliant, and it looks good on your reference too! *sits back in chair*

all i can remember doing was interviewing the yr six's, shwoing them around on orientation day, chairing assemblies, a few meetings, organising and going to afternoon teas, going to prefect dinners... LOL i swear our school does nothing XD [unlike other schools' prefects that i've heard of ;D wuahahha]

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i didnt bother going for it coz it is merely a popularity contest.
i was in the src though, and i worked my arse off more than the captains and vice captians combined

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Originally posted by bubz :D
lol i was a prefect and we did absolutely NOTHING during my last two terms of school ;D bloody brilliant, and it looks good on your reference too! *sits back in chair*

all i can remember doing was interviewing the yr six's, shwoing them around on orientation day, chairing assemblies, a few meetings, organising and going to afternoon teas, going to prefect dinners... LOL i swear our school does nothing XD [unlike other schools' prefects that i've heard of ;D wuahahha]
Thats basically me, exept i was captain. i did try to do a bit of extra work, but bcuz of our captains in the past there was no expectation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)