Preference Question (1 Viewer)

wce33

HSC
If I accept an offer in the main round, can I still be offered a place in another uni in the subsequent rounds ie. second round/late round?

Also if I put high UAI courses as top preferences (which i'd want but know I won't get - 82 needed but I only have 70.05 + 5 bonus points UTS) will I jeopodise getting into a lower course which I'd still happily attend (UAI for that course is 69.10)?

If anyone could answer those two questions, that would be appreciated :)

Kind Regards,

Rob

Krieg

HSC
If you accept a main round offer you can still be offered a place in another degree (at the same uni or different one) provided it is higher on your preference list than the degree you got an offer for.

In response to your second question no it wont jeopodise getting into a lower course.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
wce33 said:
If I accept an offer in the main round, can I still be offered a place in another uni in the subsequent rounds ie. second round/late round?

Also if I put high UAI courses as top preferences (which i'd want but know I won't get - 82 needed but I only have 70.05 + 5 bonus points UTS) will I jeopodise getting into a lower course which I'd still happily attend (UAI for that course is 69.10)?

If anyone could answer those two questions, that would be appreciated :)

Kind Regards,

Rob
As Krieg said, you can get additional offers provided A) you place that course highr than the one you accepted and B) there are actually places available in the course you want in your second round. Bear in mind that if you accept a second-round offer, you will lose your first preference! There is no way to get it back short of trying for a final-round offer, but it would tke some extraordinary luck to get it back as the first-round offer you rejected will be offered to someone else.

wce33

HSC
Thanks for both of your responses Krieg and ObjectsInSpace.
I'm a little confused however about the amount of offers I can recieve because:

I have been offered an Early Entry position into UOW for Bach Info Systems.
That UAI is 75 official and I have 70.05.

I was going to have my top preferences as -

1. UTS degree - UAI 82
2. ACU double dgree - UAI 69.10
3. UOW Info Sys - UAI 75

Now if more ppl enrol in the ACU one with higher UAIs than 70.05 I won't make it in to ACU, which in that case I would want to take the UOW Info Sys early entry offer. By placing ACU above UOW will that void my early entry offer?

Also, does anyone have any general thoughts with comparing ACU to UOW in regards to Informatics?

Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated,

Kind Regards,

Rob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)