Pregnancy / Periods (1 Viewer)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Götterfunken said:
your friend = very big idiot. tell her to do biology.
Uh, Im not on the pill for that exact reason. There is something very liberating about being in touch with your own body--the pill inhibits this somewhat.

I have gotten to a stage where I now am not even stressed in the slightest about the chance of becoming pregnant because being in touch with my body means I can combine condoms with the 'fertility awareness method' which means I know when I am about to ovulate and when I am fertile, and when I am not. That way I make the choice either to abstain during this period or be extra careful. If my period is a couple of days late I can know whether I have something to worry about or not. If I was on the pill I would not be able to use this method.

I suggest you do some more research on how the pill works before you tell people that they are big idiots for not wanting to be controlled by synthetic hormones.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Götterfunken said:
your friend = very big idiot. tell her to do biology.
very smart.

Ms 12 said:
Uh, Im not on the pill for that exact reason. There is something very liberating about being in touch with your own body--the pill inhibits this somewhat.

I have gotten to a stage where I now am not even stressed in the slightest about the chance of becoming pregnant because being in touch with my body means I can combine condoms with the 'fertility awareness method' which means I know when I am about to ovulate and when I am fertile, and when I am not. That way I make the choice either to abstain during this period or be extra careful. If my period is a couple of days late I can know whether I have something to worry about or not. If I was on the pill I would not be able to use this method.

I suggest you do some more research on how the pill works before you tell people that they are big idiots for not wanting to be controlled by synthetic hormones.
i think Gotterfunken is putting her situation into perspective. her periods are fucked anyway. sometimes they do come and sometimes they dont. there's already something going wrong in her body, and if by chance, the pill can fix that (which is why im on the pill, and which is why i take it...to fix wats going on inside of me) then she is a big idiot for not taking it.

isnt the method u just described great? having complete control over ur period and falling pregnant has got to be the best gift to womankind. we're already fucked because "eve was tempted by the snake and now all women will have terrible pregnancies etc". if we can avoid pregnancy and make our cycle perfect with a small pill, i say BRING IT ON!

i reckon im in touch with my body, and im on the pill.

dark_angel2611

Lundy said:
You think I was "attacking" you because I said I thought your statement was silly (and proceeded to explain why)? Ok, feel free to be offended if it floats your boat.
You really need to get down off your soapbox and stop being so condescending.
I say go you if your not on the pill. I cant take the stress of leaving it up to chance though. I read a study on why the pill is not 100% effective and it's because not all women ovulate 14 days after their period begins so you gotta be sure you know your cycle before leaving it up to natural means. Plus pill=no period pain so thats enough for me although the whole synthetic hormone thing is a worry and does apprently slightly increase chances of breast and cervical cancer.

Last edited:

Lundy

Banned
HSC
dark_angel2611 said:
You really need to get down off your soapbox and stop being so condescending
You need to stop caring so much what people on the internet say

Götterfunken

HSC
Ms 12 said:

Ah, I hear the 'withdrawal' method is an effective method of contraception! You strike me as the type of person that would refuse to vaccinate your child for fear of 'synthetic' substances entering the body.

My comment, which you misinterpreted and then launched on a tirade, of which I am sure is fascinating and insightful, inter alia, was originally meant to highlight the naivety of saying ones doesn’t want to be controlled by chemicals—human life is little more then the sum total of chemical interactions. All our desires, etc, are regulated and controlled by, to a large extent, chemicals. Saying I don’t want to be controlled by chemicals, is like a fish saying they don’t want to be bound by water.

kthnkxbai.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I reckon im in touch with my body, oh my ovaries!

HSC
I'm pretty in touch with your ovaries too mike :)

Also yeah, by concentrating hard I can avoid getting pregnant using mind control techniques taught to me by my great great grandfather, passed down through the generations in my family.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Götterfunken said:
Ah, I hear the 'withdrawal' method is an effective method of contraception! You strike me as the type of person that would refuse to vaccinate your child for fear of 'synthetic' substances entering the body.

My comment, which you misinterpreted and then launched on a tirade, of which I am sure is fascinating and insightful, inter alia, was originally meant to highlight the naivety of saying ones doesn’t want to be controlled by chemicals—human life is little more then the sum total of chemical interactions. All our desires, etc, are regulated and controlled by, to a large extent, chemicals. Saying I don’t want to be controlled by chemicals, is like a fish saying they don’t want to be bound by water.

kthnkxbai.

you can touch my ovaries anyday :rolleyes:

HSC
all sorts of factors can make your period late - stress, excessive or rapid weight loss or gain, and of course pregnancy.
but i highly recommend the pill, it just provides extra backup in case the condom breaks or something goes wrong.

and i read somehwere that a cold climate makes your period shorter and less heavy? is this true? if it is, is say bring on winter!

Collin

HSC
N/A
Well my gf missed her period a little while back, and we had been fooling around. We both got pretty nervous.. even starting joking about baby names. :(

Collin

HSC
N/A
*caramel adele* said:
all sorts of factors can make your period late - stress, excessive or rapid weight loss or gain, and of course pregnancy.
but i highly recommend the pill, it just provides extra backup in case the condom breaks or something goes wrong.

and i read somehwere that a cold climate makes your period shorter and less heavy? is this true? if it is, is say bring on winter!
Another main reason is due to sickness. If you've been recently ill, that can play a big factor too. :)

CieL

HSC
pinkblinkbarbie said:
and girls, has your period ever been over a week late and the reason not been pregnancy? what are other reasons your period could be this late?
late periods could mean alot of things

not only pregnancy, but factors such as stress, diet, body fat, etc could be a factor in a late/non existant period

like.. some people, wen they get stressed, it disrupts the hormones in the body hence the imbalance and their periods start coming at irregular intervals

and if you're too skinny, low in body fat.. then your periods also stop since your body knows it cannot support another living being (ie. the baby)

actualli, u can just search it up online.. lots of answers and explainations

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
It's against Buddhism to kill life...and an unborn child does have a life...so if I ever land myself into sex before marriage...I won't abort the baby, unless if I was raped - Then he or she will be a child of crime...and yes, it has been late for me before, not during the HSC year or the exams, but the month after, when I had been waiting for the results. I had all the psm symptoms for two week, a week before it's due and the week after it should've been due, but it came - exactly a week late.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
i recently had a best mate of mine tell me that he had unprotected sex with his gf, who was not on the pill, but he pulled out...now hes freakin out due to the fact that he thinks she may get pregnant...ive told him to get his gf the mornin after pill, but he said its been 3 days and the pill is less effective after 72 hours..what are his chances of his gf gettin pregnant? id like to reassure him that although he pulled out whilst he ejaculated, there is still a big risk...anyone know for sure...

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Led-Zep said:
i recently had a best mate of mine tell me that he had unprotected sex with his gf, who was not on the pill, but he pulled out...now hes freakin out due to the fact that he thinks she may get pregnant...ive told him to get his gf the mornin after pill, but he said its been 3 days and the pill is less effective after 72 hours..what are his chances of his gf gettin pregnant? id like to reassure him that although he pulled out whilst he ejaculated, there is still a big risk...anyone know for sure...
so did he cum in her? or not? that kinda makes a big difference. there is not statistical chance either, its just chance and timing really.

they should've gotten the morning after pill but it's pointless to get it after 72 hours. also it'd be good to figure out where she is in her cycle. if its right after her period, then there's a lesser chance of her getting pregnant as opposed to right when she's ovulating.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)