Prelim 2015 Chit Chat Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Good luck with studying :D

What are you planning to do :)?

I need to catch up with Maths homework exercises and start re-learning ALL my Physics content
I want to finish of any loose bits of hw, sheets etc. Gonna do that for chem, phys and english
Then once i'm done that, i can start writing notes, doing past papers and prepping for prelim's. Got 4 weeks to get this shit down

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
I want to finish of any loose bits of hw, sheets etc. Gonna do that for chem, phys and english
Then once i'm done that, i can start writing notes, doing past papers and prepping for prelim's. Got 4 weeks to get this shit down
I've got some nice prelim papers, which schools produce good questions that could be possibly replicated across the board?

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
I've got some nice prelim papers, which schools produce good questions that could be possibly replicated across the board?
I dont think there are schools that produce generic papers that work with other schools. Every school has their own style of making tests as well as marking. The trick is to expose yourself to all different types of questions and being able to do the hardest ones out there. My friend from NSB doing HSC atm told me the teachers have a specific way of marking for english and once he realised this, he exploited it and ended up getting full marks for his essays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
I dont think there are schools that produce generic papers that work with other schools. Every school has their own style of making tests as well as marking. The trick is to expose yourself to all different types of questions and being able to do the hardest ones out there. My friend from NSB doing HSC atm told me the teachers have a specific way of marking for english and once he realised this, he exploited it and ended up getting full marks for his essays

Can this exploitation be revealed?

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC

I don't think there is anything wrong with knowing how the marking is being done! Thats how a lot of people get close-to or full marks --> They know what the teacher is looking for. Its an exam skill. Through trial and error, and studying the marking criterias, I have been able to not fail subjects that I'm bad at :D

Its only exploitation if they find out what the question is...for example...and thats all the examples I have on the top on my head.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Can this exploitation be revealed?
Lol, i never asked, he just told me what happened briefly
I don't think there is anything wrong with knowing how the marking is being done! Thats how a lot of people get close-to or full marks --> They know what the teacher is looking for. Its an exam skill. Through trial and error, and studying the marking criterias, I have been able to not fail subjects that I'm bad at :D

Its only exploitation if they find out what the question is...for example...and thats all the examples I have on the top on my head.
The teachers, on top of the marking criteria, have other things they look for. So using his previous essay comments, peers comments etc. he put two and two together and then tested his theory for their first essay. Got 20/20, so he didnt exactly exploit the system, he just found a common factor that the teachers have

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A

The teachers, on top of the marking criteria, have other things they look for. So using his previous essay comments, peers comments etc. he put two and two together and then tested his theory for their first essay. Got 20/20, so he didnt exactly exploit the system, he just found a common factor that the teachers have
So this is basically trial and error and varies from teacher to teacher school to school.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC

Nah, then definitely not exploiting, just attained exam skills through trial and error and looking at previous papers etc.
Pretty smart though, because a lot of people complain about marks and never realise that the work they sent in, exam or assignment, doesn't completely fit what teachers want. As long as its not any biased marking, anyhoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)