Prelim 2015 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambility

HSC
I'm envious you all have received your reports. My school is being rather slow about getting the reports out this time around.

In physics we are currently studying Electrical Energy in the Home, and my teacher has explained the first couple sections of the syllabus (current, voltage, resistance, power concepts; parallel and series circuits; electric fields) quite well, in a normal lecture style but has left magnets and household electricity for us to essentially research on our own in the form of textbook questions. We work on these questions in class when I believe we should be doing them at home. These questions don't require a teacher present and class time is valuable.

To anyone who knows, is this a normal thing? Should I be worried? Should I take it upon myself to complete extra study to fill the gaps of knowledge I'm potentially being left with?

forelsket

HSC
Just a question for any of yous who volunteered to go door knocking for the Salvation Army for donations. Has anyone been rude to you? And why are they rude to you? Is there a reason? I mean we're the good people who's helping out right? I got yelled at by an old dude when I asked if he wanted to donate or nah and he growled at me! "None! You're no good!" I mean I was going to have a go at this oldie, i mean wth. Have you guys had any bad experiences with volunteering??
aww oh no thats terrible :eek: the people i met were all so sweet but i did experience growling from dogs.. many many dogs -.-

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
I'm envious you all have received your reports. My school is being rather slow about getting the reports out this time around.

In physics we are currently studying Electrical Energy in the Home, and my teacher has explained the first couple sections of the syllabus (current, voltage, resistance, power concepts; parallel and series circuits; electric fields) quite well, in a normal lecture style but has left magnets and household electricity for us to essentially research on our own in the form of textbook questions. We work on these questions in class when I believe we should be doing them at home. These questions don't require a teacher present and class time is valuable.

To anyone who knows, is this a normal thing? Should I be worried? Should I take it upon myself to complete extra study to fill the gaps of knowledge I'm potentially being left with?
That's unfortunate yet surprisingly common for teachers to leave out specific bits. This ensures that students are proactive at home and school and aren't just rote-learning whatever the teacher is giving them. Yes, you should definitely fill in gaps of knowledge at home through research, textbooks etc. Also make sure you consistently write notes for each topic, not just for physics, so that you understand and remember concepts you've learned previously so that you can apply them to new concepts. I think most school's try to teach students to become independent learner's rather than relying on the teacher too much, as everyone learns at different speeds and use different methods

Tbh, electrical energy in the home is not to difficult of a topic, it's just knowing the content and remembering the formula's. As long as you revise and know them back to front, you're fine.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Some Year 9/10 brat pushed past me and their bag dragged onto my DET 2013 laptop (the red Ferrari! LOL) and brought it to the ground.

Oh my god. My battery is dead now, and I can no longer bring it to school and use it for convenience T____T I'm really sad and pissed off!

Noooow I can't spend my time working on notes during my frees and lunch or on assignments in class Q____Q AAAAAAAAAAH.

Also means I can't scroll BOS LOL

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Some Year 9/10 brat pushed past me and their bag dragged onto my DET 2013 laptop (the red Ferrari! LOL) and brought it to the ground.

Oh my god. My battery is dead now, and I can no longer bring it to school and use it for convenience T____T I'm really sad and pissed off!

Noooow I can't spend my time working on notes during my frees and lunch or on assignments in class Q____Q AAAAAAAAAAH.

that's cute hahahaha

srsly tho, i don't think i recall doing notes during recess and/or lunch lol

but dat dedication tho :p

MilkyCat_

HSC

did this happen because you were working on your notes at lunch?

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC

If i break my det laptop, I have to pay 600 bucks to the school (my school loves to suck money up at any given opportunity)...If a brat did that to my laptop, I would've dragged his/her ass across the concrete floor.

MilkyCat_

HSC
If i break my det laptop, I have to pay 600 bucks to the school (my school loves to suck money up at any given opportunity)...If a brat did that to my laptop, I would've dragged his/her ass across the concrete floor.
pics or didn't happen

blackbird_14

HSC
If I break mine it's 300 bucks not 600 thankfully.

Sucks to be you writtenloveletters! (Hugs)

Graceuf

HSC
Oh jesus, I feel so ungrateful. Here's me using my laptop for Youtube and Tumblr, and you don't even have one ...
I know it sucks! I have to use my own. Can you believe it. [emoji14]

P.S. My laptop is so much better than our schools. Google chrome is an essential learning tool. [emoji14]

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
did this happen because you were working on your notes at lunch?
LOL, just after school actually. I'm hoping the battery will come back to life somehow D:

\
Well I think its the battery, so it would be like $100 - $200 maybe? Worth more than the $200 laptop itself LOL. It just means that I can't bring a laptop to school, my home laptop is like a 16" screen and thats too big and heavy for school D:

If I break mine it's 300 bucks not 600 thankfully.

Sucks to be you writtenloveletters! (Hugs)
Yeah T___T Maybe I'll drop it off at the IT

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
that's cute hahahaha

srsly tho, i don't think i recall doing notes during recess and/or lunch lol

but dat dedication tho :p
LOL I use as much spare time as I can, because I don't work that hard at home, I usually procrastinate, which is terribad D:

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
YouTube isn't blocked for seniors?? Or is that just my school. Besides. I don't think it's safe to go on Tumblr at school... [emoji14]
np tafe pw kinda unblocks most sites. Last year, almost half of my year was caught using tafe pw, big trouble to them lol The only reason i wasn't caught was my ninja fast tab switching skills, always had work tabs on standby and mastered the poker face + wore glasses = good student in the eyes of the teachers

Last edited:

Graceuf

HSC
np tafe pw kinda unblocks most sites. Last year, almost half of my year was caught using tafe pw, big trouble to them lol The only reason i wasn't caught was my ninja fast tab switching skills, always had work tabs on standby
Ninja tab skills are a good skill to have. "Am I bludging? No. I have this very long research thingy I've been reading all period. Obviously."

HSC
Wait, you guys still need a tafe account to access sites like Youtube? Isn't these sites unblocked for seniors at your school?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)