Prelim 2015 Chit Chat Thread (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SammyT123

HSC
So performance bands don't mean much to us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SammyT123

HSC
Dont they give you all your marks on the same day?
In that case, who gives af about the performance bands, just check your atar.

Thought performance bands were only helpful for teachers in comparing cohorts (e.g. this year we got x more band 6 students)

Last edited:

MilkyCat_

HSC
Dont they give you all your marks on the same day?
In that case, who gives af about the performance bands, just check your atar.

Thought performance bands were only helpful for teachers in comparing cohorts (e.g. this year we got x more band 6 students)
You get ur marks the day before your atar

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
So why do students need to know their performance bands? (legit dont know, sorry if its a stupid qs)
I guess its another way to categorise yourself. To set yourself standards and goals that are achievable and quantitive instead of qualitative.
Also its another way to beat yourself up after the HSC, as in 'Oh no i got 89, ALMOST BAND 6 FMLLLLLL'

so dont worry about it if you dont want to

SammyT123

HSC
Hmmm..

Not sure if srs or not...
I guess its another way to categorise yourself. To set yourself standards and goals that are achievable and quantitive instead of qualitative.
Also its another way to beat yourself up after the HSC, as in 'Oh no i got 89, ALMOST BAND 6 FMLLLLLL'

so dont worry about it if you dont want to
Ah thanks for clearing that up :)
Honestly Ill just look at my ATAR and then judge myself quietly

MilkyCat_

HSC
Don't you want to know how well you do in each subject tho?

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Ah thanks for clearing that up :)
Honestly Ill just look at my ATAR and then judge myself quietly
Yeah Sammy look at it from this perspective, you are getting estimates ~95+ anyway and that is extremely good. So it goes to show you are doing well and you can hopefully carry that work ethic and attitude towards the HSC.

SammyT123

HSC
Yeah Sammy look at it from this perspective, you are getting estimates ~95+ anyway and that is extremely good. So it goes to show you are doing well and you can hopefully carry that work ethic and attitude towards the HSC.
Thanks speed :)

I know I can do better just by actually studying more, but I make so many excuses and I've just lost motivation

What did you guys do at times like these? Honestly this is like the time I've been least motivated in my life. I'm just not bothered getting off the couch

Hope you do well in you exams too!

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
Thanks speed :)

I know I can do better just by actually studying more, but I make so many excuses and I've just lost motivation

What did you guys do at times like these? Honestly this is like the time I've been least motivated in my life. I'm just not bothered getting off the couch

Hope you do well in you exams too!

I have actually sat in my bed ALL DAY. like i got off it a couple times to go to the bathroom, get food, stretch out my knees etc. I thought it was just me that was feeling like this :/

I tried writing a speech that i have due week 3 and i literally did NOTHING. I just sat there and hnggggg :(

ahh well i started a couple hours ago and seem to be doing ok

i suggest that you take a well-deserved break. I think thats where this demotivation happens - you study so hard, and there is no actual gain that you get from it instaneously, its more of a long term gain, so that makes you sad because it SEEMS like there is no reward for all your hard work, when really there is!
So take a break, eat some ice cream or whatever and relax a bit. Organise yourself, tidy your room or whatever. then start, once you've gotten a hold and feel in control of yourself. Its the moment when you feel that, yes i can change my marks, and yes i have to start now!, when you start studying again.
The trick with procrastination and study in general is just to START DOING ANYTHING. Just start, by clearning your desk or whatever, and then that little acheivement will get you more motivated to achieving something. I start by writing a list. Then when im done with something i rub it off my mirror (turn whiteboard) and leave the gap where it was, and it feels so good to have done something!

Good luck and take a small break SammyT :)

SammyT123

HSC
I have actually sat in my bed ALL DAY. like i got off it a couple times to go to the bathroom, get food, stretch out my knees etc. I thought it was just me that was feeling like this :/

I tried writing a speech that i have due week 3 and i literally did NOTHING. I just sat there and hnggggg :(

ahh well i started a couple hours ago and seem to be doing ok

i suggest that you take a well-deserved break. I think thats where this demotivation happens - you study so hard, and there is no actual gain that you get from it instaneously, its more of a long term gain, so that makes you sad because it SEEMS like there is no reward for all your hard work, when really there is!
So take a break, eat some ice cream or whatever and relax a bit. Organise yourself, tidy your room or whatever. then start, once you've gotten a hold and feel in control of yourself. Its the moment when you feel that, yes i can change my marks, and yes i have to start now!, when you start studying again.
The trick with procrastination and study in general is just to START DOING ANYTHING. Just start, by clearning your desk or whatever, and then that little acheivement will get you more motivated to achieving something. I start by writing a list. Then when im done with something i rub it off my mirror (turn whiteboard) and leave the gap where it was, and it feels so good to have done something!

Good luck and take a small break SammyT :)
I know that feel, I have two maths exams first and second week back and I haven't done anything :/

I think you read my mind, I just have to tell myself in the end the studying will be worth it :)

That's actually what I do to try get myself started or 'in the zone'. I start by clearing out my desk and organising stuff .Once I start studying properly it actually feels great, like I've accomplished something.

If I take a break after that, I have that peace of mind that I deserve it, instead of always feeling guilty of procrastinating.

Thank you for taking the time to write your post, just reading it makes me feel motivated :D

Hope you write a killer speech and do well in your exams :)

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
I know that feel, I have two maths exams first and second week back and I haven't done anything :/

I think you read my mind, I just have to tell myself in the end the studying will be worth it :)

That's actually what I do to try get myself started or 'in the zone'. I start by clearing out my desk and organising stuff .Once I start studying properly it actually feels great, like I've accomplished something.

If I take a break after that, I have that peace of mind that I deserve it, instead of always feeling guilty of procrastinating.

Thank you for taking the time to write your post, just reading it makes me feel motivated :D

Hope you write a killer speech and do well in your exams :)
Haha yeah :) my sort of outlook on the whole hsc atar study school life thing is that i want to study to the point where i wont have regrets later. So like what i mean is that I will know i have done my best, and that whatever breaks i had were worth it. The annoying/good thing is that i dont really need an ATAR, because i wanna live in germany where you dont need atars (cries), but i still wanna work hard to get study habits and life skills and to not have regrets.

Good on ya, and yeah! I'm sure that when you start, you'll be on fire and get it all done and feel great afterwards too!

No worries, glad to help and good to hear that you're more motivated :)

Thanks, you too! :D

i think it would be a good start if we went to sleep now though haha. Gotta start getting back into the school term sleeping regime! ;)

SammyT123

HSC
Haha yeah :) my sort of outlook on the whole hsc atar study school life thing is that i want to study to the point where i wont have regrets later. So like what i mean is that I will know i have done my best, and that whatever breaks i had were worth it. The annoying/good thing is that i dont really need an ATAR, because i wanna live in germany where you dont need atars (cries), but i still wanna work hard to get study habits and life skills and to not have regrets.

Good on ya, and yeah! I'm sure that when you start, you'll be on fire and get it all done and feel great afterwards too!

No worries, glad to help and good to hear that you're more motivated :)

Thanks, you too! :D

i think it would be a good start if we went to sleep now though haha. Gotta start getting back into the school term sleeping regime! ;)
It's great that you understand the importance of habits.

You don't need an atar equivalent in Germany ? Take me with you pls :p

Haha your right, we should go to sleep now :p
Gnight

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
aren't german unis free (or next to free)? Can i stowaway inside your luggage or something? But then again, the only german i can say is "Ich spreche kein Deutsch" :(

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
aren't german unis free (or next to free)? Can i stowaway inside your luggage or something? But then again, the only german i can say is "Ich spreche kein Deutsch" :(
Yep, German public unis are free and well known and preee good :D and the student visa is really easy to get and allows you to work substantial hours and stuff.

I'm hoping to just.... move there... like, for the rest of my life haha :D

german's pretty easy but yeah sort of a requirement hahah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)