• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Prelim contents tested in HSC? (1 Viewer)

DARA92

HSC
N/A
Please help.

Is it really true that year 11 stuffs won't be tested in year 12 HSC except maths?

madness_me

HSC
yer I think so
but still learn the stuff cause it forms the foundatiuons for yr12

DARA92

HSC
N/A
Thanks for your answer.

If that's true, do most of the year 11 students spend most of their time preparing for year 12 stuffs in year 11?

Like Physics, there is a topic in year 11: electricity at home. It is not related to any topics taught in year 12.

So, do year 11 students just take it easy at year 11 topics but pre-learn stuffs for Year 12?

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Like Physics, there is a topic in year 11: electricity at home. It is not related to any topics taught in year 12.
Yet there was a multiple choice question in the 2009 HSC which I thought was Prelim and came out of this prelim topic.

gevans

HSC
N/A
depends on subject - mostly true BUT Society & Culture has concepts which go all the way as do the methodologies - both studied in prelim and hsc - prelim topics apart from these won't be in hsc however. I can't speak for other subjects like art, music which may have similar overlaps. gravox the wise

thuanvon

HSC
they are only foundations in all subjects excluding maths ext.1
30% of the 3 unit exam is based on prelims

dp624

HSC
yeah - for stuff like chem, phys, english, you won't need to know specific yr11 stuff :)

bouncing

HSC
they are only foundations in all subjects excluding maths ext.1
30% of the 3 unit exam is based on prelims
yeh mother#$@ it is :( :( :( why didnt they tell us that last year i could have paid more attention..

and btw try and pay attention in yr 11 cos sometimes random stuff will pop out.. its not THAT important but it really does sort of give you a basic foundation...

i rekon yr 11 is just a whole "transition thing" cos nobody did anything in yr 10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)