prelim english Taming of the Shrew??? (1 Viewer)

alex3

HSC
has anyone done transformations of "taming of the shrew" to "10 things i hate about you" on a specific character???
if so i really need help!
thanks

Zephyrio

HSC
Yeah, I have.

But maybe asking more of a specific question would help me help you.

dan.121212

HSC
could someone please give an essay structure (ie main thesis, and main arguments - about 4/5, in point form, brief) to answer BOTH 'FOR' and 'AGAINST' the statement:

'The play The Taming of the Shrew has been effectively transformed into the film 10 things i hate about you'

thx a heap, so just need points on how and why the transformation (has) / (has not) been effective...

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
alex3 said:
has anyone done transformations of "taming of the shrew" to "10 things i hate about you" on a specific character???
if so i really need help!
thanks
We didn't concentrate so much on the transformations, but the 3D's. Domestication, daughters & disguise. What do you actually need help with? Maybe we can help.

dan.121212 said:
could someone please give an essay structure (ie main thesis, and main arguments - about 4/5, in point form, brief) to answer BOTH 'FOR' and 'AGAINST' the statement:

'The play The Taming of the Shrew has been effectively transformed into the film 10 things i hate about you'

thx a heap, so just need points on how and why the transformation (has) / (has not) been effective...
Well for 'FOR', I'd say how there are certain lines I'd point out which came orginally from The Taming of the Shrew, the characters and their personalities/roles within society .. there are loads for this.

Against: Societal differences?, different points in time w/ diff. characters types of rebellion ?

.. ah I'm not exactly sure what I'm saying anymore as I'm contradicting what I said. ><"

dan.121212

HSC
sle3pe3bumz said:
We didn't concentrate so much on the transformations, but the 3D's. Domestication, daughters & disguise. What do you actually need help with? Maybe we can help.

Well for 'FOR', I'd say how there are certain lines I'd point out which came orginally from The Taming of the Shrew, the characters and their personalities/roles within society .. there are loads for this.

Against: Societal differences?, different points in time w/ diff. characters types of rebellion ?

.. ah I'm not exactly sure what I'm saying anymore as I'm contradicting what I said. ><"
thx, that is useful, im thankful for any help i can get, anyone else got ideas?

piinkpriinc3ss

HSC
Hey well i watched both the movies and in mi class were doing transformations and what you need to focus on more than the characters are the themes.

Themes in taming of the shrew are:

- Marriage as an economic institution
TAMING OF THE SHREW- Kats father kinda selling her to Petruchio
10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU- The nerd guy paying the scary guy to go out with her

- Costume/Disguise
TAMING OF THE SHREW- The men were dressing up in each others clothing to hie their tru identities
10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU- The scary guy was pretending to be nice so he could get the money

Hope i was a little help, i dont have mi english stuff here coz im at work lol .. s0o i mite write bakk n giv u more kk??

mrpet3rr

HSC
taming of the shrew has been transformed into 10 things i hate about you by transforming it for a modern audience. it shares different settings and different plot but shares the same principles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)