Prelim/HSC Tutoring: English, Mathematics, History, Chemistry, Biology (99.55 UAI) (1 Viewer)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Hi, my name is Kevin.

I finished my HSC in 2008 and obtained a UAI of 99.55. As a current Law student, I am providing a tutoring service for a wide variety of subjects. Through numerous opportunities, I have been able to obtain crucial experience that has allowed me to guide numerous students in their pursuit to excel. In return for my lessons, however, I place a selective criteria on the students I tutor - they ultimately need to be dedicated, enthusiastic and reliable.

So what subjects do I offer?

Advanced/Standard English - 94/100
I'm also available to tutor English from now on, but you must outline what texts you are doing in advance. After a year, I've familiarised myself with the new Area of Study, but at the same time, I have also consolidated the concepts and ideas associated with Journeys and Change for Year 11 students. I'll offer essay, creative writing and source deconstruction feedback to you on a continuous basis, along with questions and tasks to improve your comprehension skills and thematic approaches in certain modules. But let me know about your texts in advance!
General/ 2U Mathematics
Although I received a mark of 94/100 for Maths Extension One, I will only be offering a service for 2U Mathematics. I have a strong understanding of the concepts involved in the 2U course, and how they can applied in a practical manner in examination questions - an approach that I would like to familiarise you with. I have lots of past papers and will try to maximise your mark in assessments, exams and ultimately your final rank.
Biology – 94/100
I ranked second in Biology and was able to gain the highest mark in my grade. I did all three core subjects (Maintaining a Balance, Blueprint of Life and Search for Better Health), along with the Option topic, the Human Story. However, I am also well-versed in the Communications option so that will be available depending on what you do. I’ve got lots of notes and sheets for Biology, along with an array of past papers from different schools. I will attempt to expand on your individual approach to Biology, and reinforcing it with a practical focus on the syllabus, Australian examples and scientific skills.
Modern History – 95/100
I ranked first in this subject and was able to gain a high internal mark at school. I did World War One, Germany, Albert Speer and Conflict in the Pacific. However, I am also well-versed in other modules involving Russia, the USA, Leon Trotsky, Leni Riefenstahl, the Cold War, Conflict in Indochina and the Arab-Israeli Conflict. I have a lot of notes and essays that I have accumulated from sources, and many past papers including CSSA and Independent trials. For Modern, I will attempt to assist you in developing critical essay and research skills, along with the historiographical issues involved in Modern. As a prospective History Honours student, I believe I can offer you with insightful and comprehensive tutoring in Modern!
Extension History – 48/50
I ranked first internally in this subject, and my modules were What is History?and Elizabeth. I achieved full marks for my Major Work - the Allied bombing of Dresden (which was also recognised with a Certificate of Excellence by the HTA and ultimately received a mark of 48/50 for Extension. This is perhaps my favourite subject, and I believe I will able to enhance your critical thinking and argumentative skills in this topic, whether its in deconstructing sources or developing the arguments of different historians in your essays.
So why me?

Experience
Basically, I've had a year to consolidate my teaching techniques with my students, and expose myself to a wide variety of approaches. In my opinion, the experience of a tutor can often be the crucial attribute that maximises results for students. Whether it has been one-on-one through numerous students or the opportunities presented by group/class tutoring, I believe I possess this experience. Ultimately, the experience and credibility of a tutor is reflected through the results of his/her students. In this instance, the performances of my tutees reflect this:

- One of my Mathematics student was able to top his cohort, whilst two others were able to receive top ten ranks.
- My Biology students were able to achieve top 5 ranks.
- All of my English students were able to score top 10 ranks.
- My History student was able to climb from last to 5th in her cohort.
Approach:
I strongly believe my lessons bring the best out of people in terms of work ethic and critical thinking, but also at the same time, they are interactive and enjoyable. My teaching style is quite distinguishable - it revolves around one-on-one discussions and uses strategies that have been utilised by other renowned tutors with great success eg - asking the students themselves to discuss or even teach the tutor what they have learnt to show their consolidation of the knowledge
Communication:
Apart from a strong grasp of the required content, I believe that a proficient tutor should possess great communication skills, both on a verbal and written level. Enhanced through my interactions and experiences over the past years or so, I believe I possess the required communication skills that that really allow me to not just interact with my students, but teach them in a productive and efficient manner.
I am able to provide tutoring in the Fairfield/Liverpool region, preferably public libraries. In some instances, I will also be able to tutor at libraries within the University of Sydney and the State Library

Prices:
Prices are negotiable depending on the circumstances, but my standard pricing is equivalent to $25-30/hour.

Contact details:
Hurry, as spots are running out. PM me for more details! :)

Last edited:

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Re: Fairfield Liverpool Tutoring: Biology, Mod History, Ext History, 2u Maths [99.55

I'd highly recommend Kevin 110% to all prospective students! His marks, the advice and help he's given me and others in this forum, speaks for itself :). The rates are affordable also.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Fairfield Liverpool Tutoring: Biology, Mod History, Ext History, 2u Maths [99.55

PM'ed.

Kujah

HSC
N/A

Bump! :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

He is one of the nicest guy out there. As much as he is nice to others, I am sure he is as good as teaching others.

Every cent won't be wasted on him.

Kujah

HSC
N/A

Thanks guys :) Bump!

wsm991

HSC

hey mate can you email me on wsm991@hotmail.com
Im interested in your skills at Modern.

Kujah

HSC
N/A

-tal-

HSC

This guy went to my school, and tell you what, he's a freaking genius.

Highly recommended.

Kujah

HSC
N/A

HSC
N/A

dont trust this tool, he left me hanging twice in liverpool library

HSC

hello!
congratulations!!! thats awesomee i really wish i could be like you!!!! liek srsly..im in yr 12 atm liek i graduate in 09 and i do eng advanced, general maths,ancient history and the rest of my subjects wont apply to you much i dont think...not that i dont think u can still probably ace them no matter what ..but anyway i would really appreciate it if u could get back to me about english advanced? if u can tutor that??? I live in the north shore though, so not quite sure if its in your region. i would really appreciate it though, my email/msn in nbornoush@hotmail.com, please dnt hesitate to getback to me there or here, whatever.
thanks kindest regards,
Nelly.

Kujah

HSC
N/A

I'm not sure if I can make it to the north shore, but I'll contact you asap after I get my timetable. Bump! :)

Kujah

HSC
N/A

Kujah

HSC
N/A

mleiu

HSC

Hey Kev. Uhm out of curiousity, what school is BPHS?

I'm sure that's a pretty stupid question, and I wouldn't have asked you had I found the answer on Google - which I evidently hadn't.

Kujah

HSC
N/A

^Bossley Park High School, out in SW Sydney. :) Bump!

qmaz

HSC

Jeez Kev, you're bumping this like you used to bump Kempy in the back room lol.

And hey, Jaffar told me that u guys were both tutors at the same place, Action tutoring? some light on the subject pls

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)