• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Prelim IND Tech (2 Viewers)

ilovecutecats

HSC
N/A
How relevant is the prelim content for Industrial tech in the HSC? I didn't brush up on prelim ind tech and hadn't seen the content in like a year and got 85 on trials. Should I revise over it for HSC or just focus on HSC content?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I am not familiar with the content of Industrial Technology since I did not take this subject. However, I understand that there are different areas of focus, each with its own HSC exam.

To determine whether you should cover the Industrial Technology Preliminary course as part of your preparations for this subject's HSC exam, I would recommend the following:
  • Consider your trial exam. Trial exams are intended to reflect the format and content of HSC exams. As such, your trial exam may be a good indication of whether there is content from the Preliminary course that may be assessed in the HSC exam. You should therefore go through the questions of your trial exam and determine the specific areas that they covered, including whether any of them were relevant to the Preliminary course and if so, the extent of their relevance.
  • Past HSC exams are very important and are obviously always more accurate than trial exams in terms of syllabus coverage. Regardless of whether you choose to go through your trial exam for this purpose, you should definitely have a look at the questions from past HSC exams targeting the current Industrial Technology syllabus, including whether any of them were relevant to the Preliminary course and if so, the extent of their relevance.
I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)