Preliminary Biology (1 Viewer)

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
bio was pretty boring coz of my teacher...didn't really teach anything at all so i'm dropping it

cam.t

HSC
dpospination said:
a lot of the year 11 courses have content which is a bit dry compared to the HSC. personally for Bio this year, patterns in nature was good, but evolution of australian biota is awesome :) the other two were alright...
I agree! I hated local ecosystem and Life on Earth though.
Im excited for yr12 Bio, apparently its really interesting. :)

HSC
Agreed.

Life on Earth and Australian Biota... ::burn:
Haven't been paying attention in class at all.
ah yes i hated life on earth especially. dont worry i didnt listen at all during prelim bio. i hated it lol. the only topic that i actually sort of got was the local ecosystem one.

dw year 12 bio is great! :)

bbychocoholic

HSC
the course was enjoyable- but i hated life on earth and the evolution of australian biota topic, talk about boring and repetition.

patterns in nature would have to be the best topic so far.

waller

HSC
patterns in nature + life on earth were alright

in fact nothing in the course has been majorly bad

HSC
patterns in nature + life on earth were alright

in fact nothing in the course has been majorly bad
wow thats excellent in that case. i was so close to dropping bio at the end of year 11 due to the fact that i completely and totally loathed the yr 11 course therefore hardly studied or listened and did pretty crap haha.
so happy i looked at the year 12 course before i dropped it otherwise id still be stuck in extension maths.....so depressing! now its probably one of my favourite subjects. :)

good luck in your bio prelims guys. just talk about osmosis and diffusion. you'll be fine lol

saberbladexx

HSC
I actually found the course pretty decent, enjoyed most lessons due to our great funny teacher. Yea, the HSC course looks exponentially more interesting than the prelim one.

I'm a little intimidated by the HSC course though, i looked through my excdel book and it looks like alota stuff to learn, unlike the prelim course where you've done or covered most topics is basics etc, if you get what i mean. But hell it means we get to learn cool new stuff, cant wait XD.

J

Jigabeth

I like Biology. Especially 'Patterns In Nature'. The other topics were good too, but I liked that one best.

HSC
I actually found the course pretty decent, enjoyed most lessons due to our great funny teacher. Yea, the HSC course looks exponentially more interesting than the prelim one.

I'm a little intimidated by the HSC course though, i looked through my excdel book and it looks like alota stuff to learn, unlike the prelim course where you've done or covered most topics is basics etc, if you get what i mean. But hell it means we get to learn cool new stuff, cant wait XD.
dont feel intimidated by it. i did too at first.
and yeah alot of stuff to learn but most subjects have alot of stuff to learn haha so dont worry. you'll love it :)

yangyangwu1023

Premium Member
HSC
yeahh, bio is soo boring atm, but apparently it gets like HEAPS HEAPS HEAPS better next year, so im just waiting it out...

bouncing

HSC
ah yes i hated life on earth especially. dont worry i didnt listen at all during prelim bio. i hated it lol. the only topic that i actually sort of got was the local ecosystem one.

dw year 12 bio is great! :)
+1!
definitely :) although i do think maintaining a balance is super large

patterns of/in (i forgot) nature was such a good topic!!!
life on earth was seriously :(:(:( BORINGGGG

Lauchlan

HSC
The ecology topic is the least interesting, but im finding it gets better in the cells and evolution topics following XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)