Preliminary Exams (1 Viewer)

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
I did my MX1 exam, pretty easy. I just have my IPT exam to finish off tommorow then I just have assignments!

may22

HSC
I did my MX1 exam, pretty easy. I just have my IPT exam to finish off tommorow then I just have assignments!
I have X1 Math tomorrow...haven’t exactly dedicated the time and effort to it, but I’ve done a few past papers so I guess I just have to brush up on a few concepts
Any tips? 😅

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
I have X1 Math tomorrow...haven’t exactly dedicated the time and effort to it, but I’ve done a few past papers so I guess I just have to brush up on a few concepts
Any tips? 😅
I found my exam easy but I'm not sure the difficulty of your exam, I'm pretty sure I got 100% but the questions that took a bit of my time had to be:

- Binomial Expansion
- Further Rates

Surprisingly combinatorics was easy, I guess overstudying it paid off.

Make sure you know Newton's Law of Cooling, they will put that somewhere and teachers are snarky so they'll give the rate of change but assume you know the whole equation.

T = A + Ce^kt

A = environment
C = temperature of object

Next part of further rates is recognising graphs, make sure you can tell the difference between rates graphs and identify asymptotes. You might get a question where it'll give you the derivative and ask you how the function.

I really don't know what else to give because I didn't find the questions challenging at all, I would say you read the questions in rates especially the value for t because sometimes they put t as in X when you would infer it as Y normally;

e.g Q = 10e*-0.2t where t is in seconds

Find Q after 2 hours.

For binomial expansions, just make sure you remember how to find the middle term and ratio/coefficient problems.

may22

HSC
I found my exam easy but I'm not sure the difficulty of your exam, I'm pretty sure I got 100% but the questions that took a bit of my time had to be:

- Binomial Expansion
- Further Rates

Surprisingly combinatorics was easy, I guess overstudying it paid off.

Make sure you know Newton's Law of Cooling, they will put that somewhere and teachers are snarky so they'll give the rate of change but assume you know the whole equation.

T = A + Ce^kt

A = environment
C = temperature of object

Next part of further rates is recognising graphs, make sure you can tell the difference between rates graphs and identify asymptotes. You might get a question where it'll give you the derivative and ask you how the function.

I really don't know what else to give because I didn't find the questions challenging at all, I would say you read the questions in rates especially the value for t because sometimes they put t as in X when you would infer it as Y normally;

e.g Q = 10e*-0.2t where t is in seconds

Find Q after 2 hours.

For binomial expansions, just make sure you remember how to find the middle term and ratio/coefficient problems.
damn, further rates is the one I hate the most. Combs are fine, I guess. Really hope my teacher throws in some trig and polys

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
damn, further rates is the one I hate the most. Combs are fine, I guess. Really hope my teacher throws in some trig and polys
Yeah don't overestimate rates, It was actually the hardest part of the exam damn. If anyone doing MX1 wants me to post a variation of the questions here I'm more than willing. I don't remember all the questions though :/

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
A glass of Tea has temperature of 30 degrees celsius and is placed in a room with a temperature of 20 degrees celsius. The cooling rate of the tea in the room is expressed as:
1631082138904.png
where t is in number of minutes.
After 30 minutes in the room, the temperature of the glass of tea has fallen to 23 degrees celsius. What is the value of k?

(this was a 2 marker) I kinda forgot the other questions but I took a screenshot of this one, but the main point is that newtons law of cooling is technically asumed even though its not on the reference sheet - I think some of your teachers might try to do this so people who didn't pay attention didn't have a way out.
--------------

1631082713126.png, domain is from 0 to 2pi.
--------------------
1631083253491.png Find exact value of A
------------------------------------------------------------

x = cos2t
y = -(t) + 8/10

Find the cartesian equation and graph it represents

Last edited:

may22

HSC
"Combs are fine". That is a statement I thought I would never find in my lifetime.
🤣 I’m a backwards person lmao
Some of them are annoying don’t get me wrong, but in general...it’s not too bad 😅

Epicman69

HSC
lmao ngl combs nearly made me lost 1 mark of my MX1 Trials since I was so confused lmao.

may22

HSC
Done! Finally 🎉
Exam wasn’t too bad; further rates was pretty good. Loved the trig section

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Nice. Just finished all my exams as well. I just have my eco and business to finish off by the week. I'll update everyone with marks when I get them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)