Preliminary Exams (1 Viewer)

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
I'm assuming most of you guys have your prelims this upcoming week or already had them this week! Best luck everyone. I just wanted to post this thread so after our prelims we could post our marks or talk about how we felt about them. I only have 5 exams this week out of my 7 subjects, what about you guys?

may22

HSC
I've done 4 of my 7, the next 3 are Tuesday-Thursday

tbrooke18

HSC
My school starts our week on Monday 6 September so I'll have all 6 of my exams happening next week. I've got one on Monday, one on Tuesday, two on Wednesday, and finally two on Friday. I'll have a day of study and prep on Thursday, and during the sessions that I don't have exams on Monday and Tuesday also. I'm really proud of how my learning has gone over this year specifically, so I'm hopeful that my exams will reflect the severe amount of effort I put into all of my subjects.

Good luck to everybody else who hasn't done them yet! For those who have, I'm proud of you!

may22

HSC
My school starts our week on Monday 6 September so I'll have all 6 of my exams happening next week. I've got one on Monday, one on Tuesday, two on Wednesday, and finally two on Friday. I'll have a day of study and prep on Thursday, and during the sessions that I don't have exams on Monday and Tuesday also. I'm really proud of how my learning has gone over this year specifically, so I'm hopeful that my exams will reflect the severe amount of effort I put into all of my subjects.

Good luck to everybody else who hasn't done them yet! For those who have, I'm proud of you!
Oh wow, seems like a tough load of exams

My school split ours into 2 weeks, 1 exam each day (2 for some, but not the subjects that were on the same line)

tbrooke18

HSC
Oh wow, seems like a tough load of exams

My school split ours into 2 weeks, 1 exam each day (2 for some, but not the subjects that were on the same line)
I'm not sure how they usually do prelims but exams I've done previously are split into two weeks and we'd normally have classes in between also, but of course COVID-19 has caused a lot of changes. Since we're all at home they decided no classes and my guess is that they figured they could just squish the exams in tighter because of that.

I'm hopeful for all of them, but I'm struggling with preparing for English (one of my worst subjects) because I can't find the techniques inside quotes from the novel we read for this last module.

may22

HSC
I'm not sure how they usually do prelims but exams I've done previously are split into two weeks and we'd normally have classes in between also, but of course COVID-19 has caused a lot of changes. Since we're all at home they decided no classes and my guess is that they figured they could just squish the exams in tighter because of that.

I'm hopeful for all of them, but I'm struggling with preparing for English (one of my worst subjects) because I can't find the techniques inside quotes from the novel we read for this last module.
Yeah, we have all classes off too. Some teachers are running a few optional extra classes for revision and stuff so that helps

Are you doing advanced english? What novel?

tbrooke18

HSC
Yeah, we have all classes off too. Some teachers are running a few optional extra classes for revision and stuff so that helps

Are you doing advanced english? What novel?
No, I'm doing standard English and unfortunately I'm struggling a lot with that. We read The Story of Tom Brennan by J.C. Burke for the close study of lit module, it's quite an interesting novel.

may22

HSC
No, I'm doing standard English and unfortunately I'm struggling a lot with that. We read The Story of Tom Brennan by J.C. Burke for the close study of lit module, it's quite an interesting novel.
Hm haven’t heard of it

I guess for English in general it’s important to understand your text properly. Have you read any academic papers? They usually help you form profound ideas and look at things from a new perspectives

tbrooke18

HSC
Hm haven’t heard of it

I guess for English in general it’s important to understand your text properly. Have you read any academic papers? They usually help you form profound ideas and look at things from a new perspectives
No, I'm mainly just looking at the different quotes I've picked and getting family members and friends to help me pick up anything I maybe missed previously. I'll give that a shot in a bit, as my mum helped me find a couple of techniques for this theme, so I'll write paragraphs on them, and have a read of some resources when I get to the next theme.

Thanks for your help! Have a good day and I hope you're well, I'm off to do some writing until lunch gets here 📝 I'm always happy to talk to other students and gain new perspectives : )

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC

Same here. I got 2 exams on one day but rest are 1 exam per day.

Last edited:

maisealquda

HSC
Are your exams open book?because mines were and it made it heaps easier

may22

HSC
One exam is on multiple choice (which combines every topic) and the other three exams are separated topic-wise
Why not just have them all in one exam? This would give me through-the-roof anxiety lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)