Preliminary HSC Yearly Exams Thoughts & Results (2 Viewers)

HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
OMG. That's so pro. Congrats on all of your hard work. I guess you Duxed your year?
Well, i think so, i hope so :)

Aerath said:
What school do you go to?
Well, a non-selective private girls school, i don't want to name it but i love it !

lyounamu said:
Wow, that's excellent.

Good job there.
Thanks! I worked hard so i'm proud i got a good return for my efforts :D

HSC
I don't really want to post my marks up here - they don't look that great, tbh.

it kinda sucks hovering around the average mark in a selective school

you just get the feeling that you're a failure or something :mad1:

sorry, wrong thread to whinge in.
/cry

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
melanieeeetroll said:

/cry
LOL, I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you're doing average in a Selective School, it wouldn't hurt to improve and go into the Top 20% of each subject, but at the same time, your results aren't that bad enough to warrant you feeling like a failure.

HSC
Aerath said:
LOL, I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you're doing average in a Selective School, it wouldn't hurt to improve and go into the Top 20% of each subject, but at the same time, your results aren't that bad enough to warrant you feeling like a failure.
haha, true. but it does kinda suck sometimes :p

congrats to everyone though - there are some really impressive marks posted here. :)

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
melanieeeetroll said:

/cry
I can't wait to see my Japanese speaking exam marks .. I asked for English Translation =x

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
I haven't gotten my marks back... and I don't think I will for a while, because we have a 2 week marking policy, and I don't think the holidays count.

I think I did pretty well in most subjects - but Year 11 doesn't mean much to me anymore... HSC coming up (especially maths in under a month :()

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
the-derivative said:
I haven't gotten my marks back... and I don't think I will for a while, because we have a 2 week marking policy, and I don't think the holidays count.

I think I did pretty well in most subjects - but Year 11 doesn't mean much to me anymore... HSC coming up (especially maths in under a month :()
Haha you guys actually have a policy? My teachers just give it back whenever they are done and English by far is the most efficient. :p

HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
Haha you guys actually have a policy? My teachers just give it back whenever they are done and English by far is the most efficient. :p
you've got to be kidding me

our english faculty is so incredibly slow

and the year 12's have always been more important :mad1:

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
melanieeeetroll said:

My English Department is incredibly fast. I did an exam (essay) and they gave it back to me in 4 days! That's efficient! And there was only one teacher marking it too.

Oh yes, all faculties use that excuse: 'Year 12s take priority'. I mean, of course they do, but I can't imagine what they will say to us in Term 4 :)

HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
My English Department is incredibly fast. I did an exam (essay) and they gave it back to me in 4 days! That's efficient! And there was only one teacher marking it too.

Oh yes, all faculties use that excuse: 'Year 12s take priority'. I mean, of course they do, but I can't imagine what they will say to us in Term 4 :)
wowzers!

our teachers are always complaining because they get up at 4am to mark our essays and stuff, and then there's the remarks and the HT has to go through them all as well...

yay for being a senior, lol :)

chaldoking

HSC
melanieeeetroll said:
wowzers!

our teachers are always complaining because they get up at 4am to mark our essays and stuff, and then there's the remarks and the HT has to go through them all as well...

yay for being a senior, lol :)
We have this super-dooper fast marker - she gives it back in one day. Her trick: drink a lot of V'S LOL

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
melanieeeetroll said:

Same. I've had cases where my teacher took two months to mark an assessment task.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
chaldoking said:
We have this super-dooper fast marker - she gives it back in one day. Her trick: drink a lot of V'S LOL
But it's not as if she marks every single exam? Don't they share it around?

Aplus

HSC
N/A
chaldoking said:
Would they be marked properly though?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
the-derivative said:
In most cases they would share it around, but some subjects only have 1 class, so of course only one teacher would mark it.
Oh, I thought he was referring to English. Yeah, we have a teacher like that for Legal Studies.

chaldoking

HSC
Yeh im talking about extension english and ancient history. She marks them all. Esp extension - we get them on the next day every time. Extremely fast.

Clifford

HSC
Oh, i definetly know what youre talking about. The teach i have formodern, ext english and advanced is useful when getting things back on time

At the end of the exam, you go, hand in your 10 pages and she stares at you, with these really creepy blue, Dumbledore-on-some-kind-of-drug eyes, then blinks, really slowly, opens her eyes again (which have now turned a kind of Lily and Harry green) and whispers"Congratulations, you achieved an 89. Your creative writing let you down a bit, but you still retain your 1st place". You take a second to pull your jaw off the floor, and then exclaim, "but the others havent even handed in their papers yet!". She will pause, look at you condescendingly and then yell "I HAVE THE POWER OF PROPHECY!". After the ensuing silence, a translucent purple energy bubble forms around her for a blink, and then she disappears. Brings "enigmatic" to new levels...

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
chaldoking said:
Yes they are - however its very tough to receieve a high mark.
Just because noone receives a high mark doesn't mean it's marked properly. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)