• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Preliminary mathematics marathon (2 Viewers)

party

HSC
HSCISHARD how can you be bothered doing maths, at this time of the night ???

random-1005

Banned
HSC
p<-1/root 3

thats like the whole prelim course lol, cept geometry but its not like you can do geometry over bored of studies.

i never realised 2 unit prelim was so boring.

some financial questions can get really tricky, just hope they give you an easy compound interest one at like Q3 in the paper like they did 5yrs ago

party

HSC
Ummm.
1.I procrastinated and didn't start "Rates and Finances" Had to make up for it.
2.Because I like math
3.Why the fuck are you stalking me. :)

you send the link to me !!!! ZOMGG :vcross:

Last edited:

hscishard

HSC
you send the link to and told me !!!! ZOMGG :vcross:
wtf...? It's sent

thats like the whole prelim course lol, cept geometry but its not like you can do geometry over bored of studies.

i never realised 2 unit prelim was so boring.

some financial questions can get really tricky, just hope they give you an easy compound interest one at like Q3 in the paper like they did 5yrs ago
2U geo is simple. Circle geo is a bit hard.

Lol. That kinda discouraged me

random-1005

Banned
HSC
wtf...? It's sent

2U geo is simple. Circle geo is a bit hard.

Lol. That kinda discouraged me

lol, i was pretty good at circle geo when we did it, but we did it in like mid yr11 and by the time hsc had rolled around i had done hardly any revision on it, but then the paper had circle geo as the very last question, so it made like no difference to me because only the people that are going for 100% would have got that right, supposely it was a very similar one in cambridge, but i ddint use the cambridge book, it gets little to repetitive when you are studying.

hscishard

HSC
lol, i was pretty good at circle geo when we did it, but we did it in like mid yr11 and by the time hsc had rolled around i had done hardly any revision on it, but then the paper had circle geo as the very last question, so it made like no difference to me because only the people that are going for 100% would have got that right, supposely it was a very similar one in cambridge, but i ddint use the cambridge book, it gets little to repetitive when you are studying.
Wow, so we have to study all of prelim and hsc topics for the hsc exam?
You got 98, you prob got it right.
I'm looking at the question right now...I'm going wtf.

random-1005

Banned
HSC
Wow, so we have to study all of prelim and hsc topics for the hsc exam?
You got 98, you prob got it right.
I'm looking at the question right now...I'm going wtf.

no i didnt

lol

i got all the easy marks in Q1-4 and then i prob got another 8 marks in the rest of the questions, proves how much 3 unit scales, its all about making sure you get all the easy marks in start of the papers, by knowing all the basic stuff ( division of interval, inequalities, integration by sub etc).

it just so happened that there was also an easy 5 marks on binomial probabilities last year as well, its the easiest topic every.

hscishard

HSC
no i didnt

lol

i got all the easy marks in Q1-4 and then i prob got another 8 marks in the rest of the questions, proves how much 3 unit scales, its all about making sure you get all the easy marks in start of the papers, by knowing all the basic stuff ( division of interval, inequalities, integration by sub etc).

it just so happened that there was also an easy 5 marks on binomial probabilities last year as well, its the easiest topic every.
Scaling is pretty high if you didn't attempt the latter questions.

random-1005

Banned
HSC
When you get to binomials remember to study the greatest coeffiecent theory, in the last 20years the greatest coeffiecent question has never been asked in an hsc , god knows why? , i going to sleep

random-1005

Banned
HSC
Use the trapazodial rule with 4 function values to estimate the volume when the region between y= 1 +lnx, the x axis and the lines x=2 and x=5 , is rotated about the x axis

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
When you get to binomials remember to study the greatest coeffiecent theory, in the last 20years the greatest coeffiecent question has never been asked in an hsc , god knows why? , i going to sleep
Just like how, to the peril of many, non uniform circular motion hasn't been asked since 1981 ;) (ie. in Ext 2)

HSC
Uni Grad
New Question:

Find the general equation of any circle that passes through the intersection points of x2+y2=2 and y=x

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)