Preliminary Textbooks (1 Viewer)

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Hi! I'm starting Year 11 in 2015.
But I am doing a Business Studies Accelerated class and currently following the Year 12 into the HSC in 2015.

The subjects I'm taking in 2015 is:
  • English Advanced Ext 1
  • Mathematics 3U
  • Business Studies HSC
  • Economics
  • Physics

So while I was getting some workbooks for HSC Business Studies and I considered getting some Preliminary workbooks for Economics (and maybe Physics).

I need opinions, I know that a lot of people say that you don't need to work too hard in Preliminaries, but I want to start with a mindset and get the best ranking and results I can in Year 11 so that I have a momentum to move into Year 12 with.

astroman

HSC
English Advanced - don't need anything, teachers will provide.
Ext 1 - same as above
Mathematics 3U - cambridge, fitzpatrick, (anything but Maths in Focus)
Business Studies HSC - i use business studies in action, pretty good, but has some useless stuff to fill up pages.
Economics - not sure.
Physics - physics in focus

beaubrah

HSC
maths: Cambridge, Fitzpatrick
physics: jacaranda and physics in focus

rexona <3

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I commend you motivated attitude:) If you ever need some study tips or guidance on how to excel in senior studies, feel free to check out my senior study guide:) http://community.boredofstudies.org...how-excel-senior-year-studies-yr-11-12-a.html

I would recommend In2Physics for physics-it is actually quite a good book:) There is also an accompanying practical book for physics (you might need to buy it separate to the textbook or it might be in a bundled pack)-I think getting a separate practical book for physics is pretty important because the experimental layout is usually much better than the ones in jacaranda.

Confound

HSC
Lolol tbh just start studying for hsc now (summary notes and past paper practice). Don't worry about prelim and prelim ranks.

astroman

HSC
Lolol tbh just start studying for hsc now (summary notes and past paper practice). Don't worry about prelim and prelim ranks.
this is some what true, except for subjects like maths and sciences where prelim knowledge is necessary, other subjects, especially humanities, getting knowledge for the HSC course earlier will beneficial.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)