• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Premium Membership Pictorial Demo (1 Viewer)

bally24

HSC
i would definitely sign up for premium right now...but i dont have paypal and dont want to get it. how else can we pay?
also, the extra resources, who writes them? are they a summary of other resources, or actual study guides from some company not availble in bookshops?

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
probably the former bally24. its still heaps nice this premium it is. and at the worse you can always make use of the extra features of SAM

sja

dingleberry
HSC
"Wow quick-chat is so awesome!"

I guess you people have never heard of MSN Messenger, or MIRC, or even e-mail.

The features are primarily useless. Fancy colours? That's 50% of the reason to get it. I wouldn't even bother with this service if it was for free. Sorry to sound so cynical, but you must be pretty fucking bored and not have much else to do if you are bothered to pay for a service like this.

It's actually quite humorous that people are actually 'in to' this. Haha. It must be a thrill to get your name in a different colour and be able to quick-chat on a forum!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I constantly use MSN, but I wouldn't add every member from the forum to my msn account and then organise mass chats with them. Quickchat is very easy, simple and fast.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
sja said:

The features are primarily useless. Fancy colours? That's 50% of the reason to get it. I wouldn't even bother with this service if it was for free. Sorry to sound so cynical, but you must be pretty fucking bored and not have much else to do if you are bothered to pay for a service like this.

It's actually quite humorous that people are actually 'in to' this. Haha. It must be a thrill to get your name in a different colour and be able to quick-chat on a forum!
It's not about that. It's about supporting the forum that has supported you. The extras are the bonus you get for contributing. I doubt anyone is paying for quickchat or fancy colours. Most people would pay either because they are school students and want the extra notes or because this site has helped them in the past and they are thankful for that.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
sja said:

I guess some people still don't get this idea of commercial choice, you know where if you don't like it, you don't pay for it, and continue to keep the same service you are currently using?

It must be a thrill to be doing the HSC, isnt it little kid ?

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
If I just have a bankcard account thing, can I set up a paypal account? Or is there any other way I can pay for premium membership? Can I just send 20 dollars in an adress to some adress?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Supposedly we're the new Microsoft, squeezing the life out of kids by forcing them to join the coalition of the willing or perish.. :rolleyes:

vizman

HSC
is it possible to pay for premium membership by credit card?

transcendent

HSC
N/A
how to pay without using paypal? can't i just bribe a mod for $20 to give me premium?

J

jhakka

The Paypal thing lets you use credit card if you don't have a Paypal account. :)

X

xeuyrawp

transcendent said:
how to pay without using paypal? can't i just bribe a mod for $20 to give me premium?
How would you pay the mod? :S

transcendent

HSC
N/A
go to bubz or staz, give them $20 and tell them to give me premium instead of having to go through the net, of which i don't trust with money.

Vahl

HSC
joesmith1975 said:
fkn leaching off poor HSC and uni students for $20 a year shame on yourselves always got to make money from poor people. This should be a resource for students for free. once again shame
hopeles5ly said:
And you don't consider how much it costs to run a site/forum on a scale of this size?
The cost of running the site is irrelevant to its users. You already have advertising, what else do you want.
I sense profiteering, and capitalism. You are encouraging a shift to altrernative sources of information.
Foolishness. In the long run, you'd make a hell of a lot more money through advertising, but instead you are going to destroy the sites potential.

Vahl

HSC
AsyLum said:
Supposedly we're the new Microsoft, squeezing the life out of kids by forcing them to join the coalition of the willing or perish.. :rolleyes:
correct. Through allowing for discrimination between paying and non paying members in regards to access to resources, you are in effect giving a further advantage to those students who are from wealthy backgrounds, therefore assisting the propagation and expansion of a class divide, through heightening their probability of HSC success. Thus you create a spiral whereby the standard of achievement is raised, - this is by no means a bad thing, however, stratified access to opportunity is - but what it means is that those who previously wouldn't have seen the need to pay for such access will be pressured into doing so - and putting money in your pockets - so as not to 'fall behind'

Furthermore, given that the vast majority of the resources on the website and that you will be expanding upon are in fact user submitted. You are engaging in exploitation through yielding a benefit through the labour of others. Many people will be offended by this and I suspect that this will be a catalyst for the creation of alternative, more community orientated databases that will be the demise of this website.

You guys aren't worthy of respect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)