Prempt the Questions Thread (1 Viewer)

SkimDawg

Feeling Good
HSC
A nice beauuutiful 7 marker on radioisotopes would be nice. Im prolly gunna get shot for saying that.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
SkimDawg said:
A nice beauuutiful 7 marker on radioisotopes would be nice. Im prolly gunna get shot for saying that.
<3howphysicscomplimentschemistry

SkimDawg

Feeling Good
HSC
tommykins said:
<3howphysicscomplimentschemistry
haha agreed, these topics that overlap with other courses just makes life so much eaiser.

nandayo

ismist
HSC
I think a good seven-marker would be the historical development of acid/base theory and the pros/cons with each proposed model. Hawww, that would be so sweet. I'm not sure if that's been done before.

Anything with acid/bases, Haber, radioisotopes and batteries would be fine. If it's on ethanol or biopolymers I'm going to be pissed. Although I have to say that the worst possible seven marker would be one on validity, reliability and accuracy.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
tommykins said:
Polyhydroxybutyrate (PHB) is a polyhydroxyalkanoate (PHA), a polymer belonging to the polyesters class that was first isolated and characterized in 1925 by French microbiologist Maurice Lemoigne. PHB is produced by micro-organisms (like Alcaligenes eutrophus or Bacillus megaterium) apparently in response to conditions of physiological stress.

wikipedia
I have seen different else where though, i think it was in kiss

JasonNg1025

HSC
crammy90 said:
how exactly do bacteria produce it
do the alcaligenes eutrophus act on sugars?
or is on plant material :S
They secrete it under a carbon diet. They eats loads of carbon and poos it out :p
Nah, I think the first sentence would be adequate.

henry08

HSC
N/A
SkimDawg said:
I'd like that.

henry08

HSC
N/A
nandayo said:
I think a good seven-marker would be the historical development of acid/base theory and the pros/cons with each proposed model. Hawww, that would be so sweet. I'm not sure if that's been done before.

Anything with acid/bases, Haber, radioisotopes and batteries would be fine. If it's on ethanol or biopolymers I'm going to be pissed. Although I have to say that the worst possible seven marker would be one on validity, reliability and accuracy.
Acid/base development would be good. The others you mentioned would also be sweet, except for batteries which suck.

JasonNg1025

HSC
henry08 said:
I'd like that.
Same.

Acid-base development? The stuff about the 4 guys who said things about acids and bases? I think that was like a 5-marker at most... so yeah I'd like it if it were worth 7 marks :p

SkimDawg

Feeling Good
HSC
JasonNg1025 said:
Same.

Acid-base development? The stuff about the 4 guys who said things about acids and bases? I think that was like a 5-marker at most... so yeah I'd like it if it were worth 7 marks :p
I did the 2005 question involving the acid-base development last night, was shithouse. It was worth 5 marks btw.
I think there will be a nasty titration qu this year too, and possibly a CFC question about the changes of the ozone, the effects and the prevention methods. Would be nice.

gonutsmate

HSC
Im sweet for pretty much everything cept a bit of shipwrecks and ion identification.
Ive heard the Board is leaning to testing more on validity... etc
Worst scenario would be an 8 marker on experimental method, identifying variables and shiz like that.

JasonNg1025

HSC
Wow, there's 8 markers in shipwrecks? Ouch.

The CFC stuff isn't hard, just get the equations in your head and you're fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)