• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Preparation for Year 11 (1 Viewer)

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
WOW. Right now I'm trying to find books.
really? our school gave us most of the textbooks back when we first started.

edit: oh wait, you're in yr11 this year. that explains it :p
double edit: oh wait, this is the prelim section. my bad xP

Last edited:

firstneg

HSC
I did things that were incredibly unnecessary

The excel essential skills year 11 algebra book, five books on religion including the Compendium of the Catechism of the Catholic Church( such a bore) and have made notes on all the preliminary Bio topics, which has made me want to do the hsc course in it now.

CecilyMare

HSC
really? our school gave us most of the textbooks back when we first started.

edit: oh wait, you're in yr11 this year. that explains it :p
double edit: oh wait, this is the prelim section. my bad xP

are you serious.. you're all trying to find books

also apparently the people at ruse all take science olympiad things bio/chem/phys and they practically know the entire hsc syllabus of these sciences by the time they even start yr 11

wendybird

HSC
That's so unnecessary! You get plenty of time to do work during school time.
True dat.

My advice to Yr 11s (and my sister is in Yr 11 right now, so this is the same advice I'm giving her). Is to CHILL OUT. Relax, and enjoy these holidays as much as possible.

When school starts, develop good habits by making notes as you go (for sciences, histories, economics/business - all the content dense subjects), regularly writing essays for English so you develop good essay writing skills early, and with the sciences and maths, taking the time to NOT rush through these early topics and really understanding the fundamentals.

Amogh

HSC
N/A
omg
i havent done jack tbh
and now i think i should've
>.>
pfft too late now i guess

daniella232

HSC
Does anyone know if you are allowed to have the same maths teacher from year 7-12??

CecilyMare

HSC
It depends what school you go to. At my school Yr 7-9 we just get randomly put into a class and for whatever class we get whatever teacher, and then from Yr 10-12 we get tested for math classes like shit to good, yeah i know so FLATTERING eh? and you get particular teachers for that.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
It depends what school you go to. At my school Yr 7-9 we just get randomly put into a class and for whatever class we get whatever teacher, and then from Yr 10-12 we get tested for math classes like shit to good, yeah i know so FLATTERING eh? and you get particular teachers for that.
At my school we get put in classes according to our teacher reports in year 7. After that we get put in math classes according to our test results the previous year.

Rage_Quitter

HSC
Ahhhh,

My school.... Well I don't know much about my school's class, but as a matter of fact, I really dislike my school. If anything, I would go into another school (better in School Ranks).

RQ my school..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)