PREPARING FOR PRACTICAL EXAMS; how? (1 Viewer)

nimco

HSC
Hey guys!

How exactly do you guys prepare for practical assessments?
Is writing scientific reports for each prac enough?

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
go over all your notes lightly, but ignore areas like the production of ethanol and all those research dot points. Look at stuff involving drawing and making structures, youll be asked to do this with molymods. Also in my prac test they asked us about the structure of cellulose and the dehydration of ethanol in the molymods sections, everyone in the grade pretty much got it wrong, because they wanted us to be really detailed.
so detail is very important in practical exams.
Also read what they want you to do carefully, I was asked to make colour change observations and use them to answer the questions, But i just did the colour change and hence could not answer the question

Therefore, the questions are heavily connected to the pracs you are performing, so all in all just write in detail, answer the question and dont be nervous, prac tests are mostly luck.

nimco

HSC
thanks for that!

LUCK- is something i definitely don't have.
damn... i was reallying on knowledge, haha :)

nimco

HSC
PHYSICS or BIO PRACTICALS?- how exactly to study?

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
for physics, my prac test was something completely random outside the syllabus, it involved physics principles but since the equipment for physics is so expensive my school could not provide it for every student.
Therefore just know your basics such as graphing technique, independent, dependent variables, control, S.I. units and most importantly sources of error and reliability. Also in physics, the conclusion is really important and you must use the quantitative data from the prac you performed in the conclusion.

and if you are wondering why physics isnt in my sig, im dropping it straight after the holidays

nimco

HSC
thanks!

So the practical assessments weren't similar to those you performed throughout the year in physics...oh no!

haha, what a coincidence. I'm dropping CHEMISTRY :0

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
Dont worry about it to much, Just make sure you know how the experiment roughly goes and make up your stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)