• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

preparing to leave for aus, hows the weather in sydney??? (1 Viewer)

christinahk

HSC
N/A
hi all, i will arrive sydney in early march & will leave in late june. could you give me a big picture of the 3-month weather during my stay? e.g. max., min. temp...lots of rain or vy hot??

i just wnat to make sure i bring enough cloths.

thanks!!!!:wave:

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
christinahk said:
hi all, i will arrive sydney in early march & will leave in late june. could you give me a big picture of the 3-month weather during my stay? e.g. max., min. temp...lots of rain or vy hot??

i just wnat to make sure i bring enough cloths.

thanks!!!!:wave:
pretty good compared to most of the world. where are you from?

bubbly89

HSC
Thing to remember about Sydney is that it can change randomly, so you can't just bring summer clothes, or just bring winter clothes, because if you do, it'll be the opposite of what you brought over :p

Igal0s

HSC
bubbly89 said:
Thing to remember about Sydney is that it can change randomly, so you can't just bring summer clothes, or just bring winter clothes, because if you do, it'll be the opposite of what you brought over :p
isn't that Melbourne?

Doomah

HSC
next 3 months will range from 15deg to 30deg.

has been a really wet and cold summer here.

by the time June rolls around, will be pretty much winter gear.

bubbly89

HSC
Igal0s said:
isn't that Melbourne?
lol Melb's worse then Syd. I mean with Syd yeah it will start having a random hail storm and rain hard for 20 minutes... Melb will be like "I think I shall be hot today" and stay at 36 degrees alllll through the day and night (was there for new years... was not a happy chappy)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Not as humid as Hong Kong. Rain in coastal regions and mostly warm.

Last edited:

Che08

HSC
The Weather is hard enough to predict now.. let alone in a for the next three months.

- my opinion.. bring clothes that you can wear layers with - and on their own.

ddtng

HSC
Che08 said:
The Weather is hard enough to predict now.. let alone in a for the next three months.
Not really. Just rain, rain, rain.

Japadict

HSC
I would say its going to be getting colder from now on. So make sure you bring some warm clothes, yet take some cool clothes as well. You should be fine with inbetween clothes from now on though, I don't think we'll be getting many hot days.

Evan11

HSC
Lodgic said:
Sydney atm is experiencing the most rain it's had in 7 years...

Extreme rainfall - rains like 4 or more days a week now :cold:

Personally, I blame climate change. "Usually in summer" you were lucky if it rained once a fortnight, but not anymore.

Temperature fluctuates - approx around 20-30 degrees...might want to bring 'some' warm clothes.

Then again, what climate have you adjusted too in your native country? Us aussies are used to the very hot climate and so temperature in the low 20s makes us cold :lol:
"Usually in summer" is when Australia and the east coast has always got most of its rainfall. Blame La Nina not global warming.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Sydney Weather is extremely fickle. It could be very hot (38degrees) and in a split second it could be pouring like hell.

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
tbh I'd rather have some rainy days in summer rather than have every day be 38degrees.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
The temperature will vary between 35ish on the hot days of summer, to 16ish on the cold days of winter. Generally it's very pleasant.

At the moment we're having a very cool summer (in the mid 20s), and the traditional february rain. But I predict that come uni time it'll be hot, just to spite us. Also there's a bit of tropical weather happening, where it's hot during the day and it rains in the afternoon.

My advice- take a jacket and an umbrella everywhere, because the weather can change at the drop of a hat.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
scarybunny said:
My advice- take a jacket and an umbrella everywhere, because the weather can change at the drop of a hat.
yes. when it rains in summer, it rains. none of this sprinkling drizzle business. RAIN.

i didn't have an umbrella the other day. i got drenched to the bone in like 20 seconds running for the bus. not cool.

Japadict

HSC
Evan11 said:
"Usually in summer" is when Australia and the east coast has always got most of its rainfall. Blame La Nina not global warming.
Hear hear :)

Well I'm just hoping the rain keeps up and breaks us out of the drought so that there's no more need to be worried about the length of my shower :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)