Present from Dr_Fresh to potential medical students (1 Viewer)

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Interesting pathway flowchart.

Be sure to add Bond uni as well ;) You can do it straight after year 12, or during your undergrad years.

imZerroo

HSC
Hey, would you know how hard GAMSAT is? I heard its more science based rather than skill based like UMAT.

Also, comparatively, what are the chances of doing postgrad medicine over undergrad? Is it easier or harder? thnnks in advance.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
GAMSAT is a hard exam. first year uni bio, and yr 12 lvl chem and physics. also a writing task. the exam runs for a whole day and requires a lot more study than the UMAT which is more reliant on a person's natural ability. but the good thing is, its beatable since you know how to study for it unlike the UMAT which can be a bit of a lottery sometimes.
once you get past this stage, i hear its easier than undergrad med to get into.

imZerroo

HSC
GAMSAT is a hard exam. first year uni bio, and yr 12 lvl chem and physics. also a writing task. the exam runs for a whole day and requires a lot more study than the UMAT which is more reliant on a person's natural ability. but the good thing is, its beatable since you know how to study for it unlike the UMAT which can be a bit of a lottery sometimes.
once you get past this stage, i hear its easier than undergrad med to get into.
wooohoooo! i do all three sciences :L
why would they test physics though? meh good for me, i like physics .
the way you say it makes GAMSAT look harder than UMAT where other people have told me GAMSAT is wayy easier.
Anyways, thanks for your help.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
wooohoooo! i do all three sciences :L
why would they test physics though? meh good for me, i like physics .
the way you say it makes GAMSAT look harder than UMAT where other people have told me GAMSAT is wayy easier.
Anyways, thanks for your help.
its easier to study for, but requires more study. different style of test.
depends what kind of person you are. if ur the brilliant type with IQ150 then UMAT will be a breeze for you. if ur the IQ100 but study all day type then GAMSAT will be esier.

imZerroo

HSC
ye i know what you mean.
im not smart so i probably screwed up umat..
also, another q. if i do another 3 year course other than medical science, would i be at a disadvantage? (except the fact that gamsat would seem more harder to me than those doing med science.)

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
ye i know what you mean.
im not smart so i probably screwed up umat..
also, another q. if i do another 3 year course other than medical science, would i be at a disadvantage? (except the fact that gamsat would seem more harder to me than those doing med science.)
they wont discriminate based on what degree u did. however, u might find u'll be doing a lot of catch up in terms of the content compared to those who came from a medical science background.

SoAmazing

HSC
Just a note- The GAMSAT tests Chemistry to the first year undergraduate level, not year 12 chemistry as previously noted. The level of knowledge required, in particular for organic chemistry, is a bit more in depth than year 12 chemistry, although some questions you will be able to answer with only year 12 chemistry knowledge. The GAMSAT consists of; a verbal reasoning section, two writing task, and a science section.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)