Present to self - after breakup (1 Viewer)

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Hey,

Recently broke up with my gf and want to really get rid of the things that reminds me of her...including my car.

I currently drive a 2007 Audi S3...and here are some of the cars I'm considering...:

Alfa Brera
Audi TT 2.0
BMW 130i
Possibly the new A4
or the BMW 320/323i

Any suggestions that I might have missed...the budget is probably around 50-75k

sigh...really need to get rid of everything!

breed obsession
A wine-soaked strobe-lit Asiatic hall of mirrors
HSC
SipSip said:
Hey,

Recently broke up with my gf and want to really get rid of the things that reminds me of her...including my car.

I currently drive a 2007 Audi S3...and here are some of the cars I'm considering...:

Alfa Brera
Audi TT 2.0
BMW 130i
Possibly the new A4
or the BMW 320/323i

Any suggestions that I might have missed...the budget is probably around 50-75k

sigh...really need to get rid of everything!
Most mechanics in Australia wouldn't know a Brera from a Barina so be prepared to pay a bit for the service costs if you go down the Alfa path. Audi are fantastic, I'd go with a second hand quattro as the depreciation makes for a good buyers market.
IMO bmw's are for posers... but that's totally unfounded and the few I've driven have been nice cars. All the cars you've mentioned are decent and considering your budget I'd just go for whichever one feels nicest to you on a driving level.

PS: You're a fucking idiot for selling up over such a stupid reason. Grow up.

iEdd

HSC
I'd wait for the new BMW 1 series coupé. Sure, you'll have to keep your really really old car for a little longer, but I'm sure it will last.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
47.46.45 said:
Most mechanics in Australia wouldn't know a Brera from a Barina so be prepared to pay a bit for the service costs if you go down the Alfa path. Audi are fantastic, I'd go with a second hand quattro as the depreciation makes for a good buyers market.
IMO bmw's are for posers... but that's totally unfounded and the few I've driven have been nice cars. All the cars you've mentioned are decent and considering your budget I'd just go for whichever one feels nicest to you on a driving level.

PS: You're a fucking idiot for selling up over such a stupid reason. Grow up.
Thanks for the comment on the Brera...and honestly...it's prob the last on my list...on most occasions.

The quattro TT?? I did think of that...but the look really does look a bit aged after the current one is in the market...
BMW's...I've driven some...but dunno...never really got into them...seems a bit of a rip-off...
Guess will have to see these few coming weeks to see which one gives me the biggest buzz!

I know it is kinda stupid...but on the other hand...i have a history of changing cars pretty quickly...so I guess it's also an excuse to speed up the process...like 3 months instead of 6-8 months...

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Go the Audi if you like them.
and get Quattro engine.

Ps. fuck what do you do again?
you're in finance or something aren't you?
I want an S3 :(

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
buy a fucking 55 chev
or a 34 coupe

fuck me if i had 50-75G to spend i'd have the sickest mini truck around, a datto 1600. an possible a rat rod as well.

fucking bah

Jess007

HSC
go the bmw 130i beautiful car!!! lol
i love the look of those things :)

Pace_T

HSC
all euro cars?
anyway i like the a4s. theyre really nice cars, a 1.8T has enough balls and is good on fuel. that said however, i have a bmw which is a bit over priced and lacks a bit of power, but you're paying for the badge and associated posing rights hehe. oh and the resale on these fuckers is great. theyre in high demand so the price wont go down too much.

breed obsession
A wine-soaked strobe-lit Asiatic hall of mirrors
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
if i had 75k to spend i would be wasting it on a car that will depriciate at around 10k a year.

What's the point of such a vehicle? You rarely get to go over 80km/h on Sydney's roads anyway.
To some people a car is much more than transport. What else are you going to spend the money on? Some three meal a day bullshit?

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
SipSip and Ciel, I believe, are both fans of Audis.

SipSip, first off to get it out of the way, harden the fuck up.

Alright, now you have to think to yourself what about the S3 reminds you of your girlfriend and basically pick a car that won't have anything that will remind you of her, even if it means giving up your love of Audis.

From your list I personally would pick an A4 or the TT. With your budget you can get the new TT if you wanted. If you want a 3 Series I would get the coupe, not the ugly sedan. I don't know why you haven't considered any Mercedes Benzs, you don't like them? Consider the C-Class, they aren't bad looking.

The car you should get though, consider your tastes in Europeans cars is this: http://www.carpoint.com.au/used-car/MERCEDES/500SL/New South Wales/csn5513369.aspx?State=NSW

HSC
Stevo. said:

Alright, now you have to think to yourself what about the S3 reminds you of your girlfriend and basically pick a car that won't have anything that will remind you of her, even if it means giving up your love of Audis.

From your list I personally would pick an A4 or the TT. With your budget you can get the new TT if you wanted. If you want a 3 Series I would get the coupe, not the ugly sedan. I don't know why you haven't considered any Mercedes Benzs, you don't like them? Consider the C-Class, they aren't bad looking.

The car you should get though, consider your tastes in Europeans cars is this: http://www.carpoint.com.au/used-car/MERCEDES/500SL/New%20South%20Wales/csn5513369.aspx?State=NSW
OMG I've missed you so much! *sudden burst of affection* :eek:

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Stevo. said:

The car you should get though, consider your tastes in Europeans cars is this: http://www.carpoint.com.au/used-car/MERCEDES/500SL/New South Wales/csn5513369.aspx?State=NSW
haha...thanks for your relationship advice...trying mate...trying...

In terms of the cars...i do like audi's...not sure why...use to hate the old A4...but the new one is gorgeous...and the TT is nice...though i will settle for the 2.0T

BMW are really posing cars...i don't suit that too well...

There's only currently one merc i like...and that is the B class....and even that i'm not too into...merc just doesn't do it for me...

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
I like the 'teardrop' BF II facelifted/FG Falcon-esque based off A4 rather than the new one with that string of LEDs under it's headlights. It also had that awesome rear tail light set compared to the new A4's 'Korean' tail lights following the new 3 series ones.

Get the TT. I reckon you'll have fun in it.

And the B-class? LOLWUT? While I don't mind the look of it it could well be a mini-people mover and I heard it's pretty shit.

I really like the 3 series coupe though... but you are right about them being poser cars.

CieL

HSC
I was thinking TT too.

But whatever the fuck, you only deal with it for 6-8 months =P

I don't understand how you can swap cars that quickly.. I get attached to my car.. like really attached..

*waves to mr thai*

SipSip

HSC
N/A
CieL said:
I was thinking TT too.

But whatever the fuck, you only deal with it for 6-8 months =P

I don't understand how you can swap cars that quickly.. I get attached to my car.. like really attached..

*waves to mr thai*
*gasp* I do get attached to my cars... it's just that things change...people change....and it's time to move on...

I reckon the TT might be a keeper...

and yes...the BMW is a poser car...and i dun wanna get mugged...

Audi's just give a cleaner image i my opinion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)