• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Presents for Teachers (1 Viewer)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
It sort of seems appropriate, but our class teacher is an utter incompetent cow, who hasn't been very subtle about wanting a present. Frankly, I dont think she deserves it.
Maybe I should give presents to every other teacher, watch her fume and then do the speech everyone dreams of when you tell everybody off...sorry im mad.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
Last year i gave a bottle of wine to each of my teachers and our year advisor, i also gave flowers to my year advisor because she was awesome :)

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
I gave my English teacher Alain De Bottom’s 'Status Anxiety' last week. She was pretty stoked with that.
For my other teachers I'm going to give them chocolate.

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
i will probably give Flowers and chocolate to my fav teachers in year 12 ( I only have like 2 female teachers, I probably wont by my guy teachers something because like I am a girl and that would look weird)

porge

sorry, you've missed me
HSC
N/A
when is the best time to give presents?
or have people started already?

boyleluc

Im giving them presents after the HSC b/c our school makes us go back after the exams and get the teachers to sign a form saying we don't have anythign to return so i thought'd do it then

porge

sorry, you've missed me
HSC
N/A
well i dont really wanna go to school after the hsc...

and we are finished..
hmm ill have to find a way

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Well you will probably have to return textbooks and sign out. So you will probably end up going back there anyway.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
umm our cafs teacher is pregnant so our class got her a baby blanket and a $100 voucher for a beauty place (to pamper herself)
for our business teacher my row is buying her a bunch of flowers to give on monday (our last lesson)
i dont think ill get anything for other teachers.. ones on long service leave.. one doesnt show up alot and always comes late and the other one confuses me lol

Last edited:

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Asquithian said:
returing all your text books and telling your teacher that they were wonderful and helped shape you...that they influenced you in many ways is usually good enough...
bahahaha you obviously don't live with a teacher...:rolleyes:

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
returing all your text books and telling your teacher that they were wonderful and helped shape you...that they influenced you in many ways is usually good enough...
haha if you are going to say the whole "you helped me so much, you influenced me, gave me support" you should say it during the year hehe .. if you are going to suck up mose you will get some benfits

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i gave my asst yr advisor some flowers at the end of yr 10 cuz she was so nice to me, and i'm def giving her a proper present at the end of yr 12

from my experience with my mum most teachers think anything you give them is nice as long as it's appropriate. ie don't give them a double ended dildo. if its a teacher you really like and appreciate, one who's really stood out, try and think what you know about their interests and buy a present accordingly.

otherwise wine and chocolates are time honoured classics. all the english teachers i know bar one drink red not white.

Melody

HSC
N/A
Just bought teacher presents on Saturday, all except three are getting pretty pens and a nice card. All of my teachers have been great, most for more than the past two years. I bought my english teacher a stress ball (because I'm always telling her to calm down) and a pretty plaque I thought she'd like (she's in to craft....), I got the "canteen lady" this pretty figurine because she's always willing to feed me in the morning and another close teacher a green jewellery box with butterflies :)
I didn't want to spend too much but I really wanted to show how much I appreciated all that they have done for me (I think I create more work for them then they do for me!)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
my marks from the hsc, i'll tell them how they failed

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
dont really know yet, but flowers will be going to my english and legal studies teacher.
there will be more presents during our formal.

ummmmm... hmm i need a gift for my biz teacher :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)