• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Presents for your significant other (1 Viewer)

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Leah.Midd said:
ok guys, i no christmas is a fair while away but it'll be here b4 we no it. wots sum good ideas for presents for ur bf? im thinking around 21 yrs of age, fairly close, fun relationship. i need sum ideas, sumthing different.
How much are you willing to spend?

Guys are all different. Some are techies, others are sport fanatics, and some are into music. Unless you want to give a general present....

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
If you've been together awhile, the personal stuff starts to get a bit old for the guy....a dvd box set or something usually does the trick!

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Ms 12 said:
If you've been together awhile, the personal stuff starts to get a bit old for the guy....a dvd box set or something usually does the trick!
I would prefer personal and meaningful gifts.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Some things that I would personally want:

- Tickets to visit the Antartic or go swimming with whales. (Some things like these offer unimaginable experience and sensations although pricey).

- A painting or artwork made by my partner.

- A table at Tetsuyas internationally famed Top 10 restaurants in the world (in Sydney) and the taster menu.

- A song or composition written for me.

- Having my boss tell me that my partner has requested the day off for me and for it to be granted.

- A surprise birthday party.

- Payed tuition for language lessons or instrumental lessons.

- A pet dog or the next best thing.

These are all things I want in the future as they are unrealistic at this moment. But generally the trend is, do something memorable and original, thoughtful, and show that you have planned it over a long period or taken considerable effort to get done.

arooshika...

HSC
bscienceboi said:
Some things that I would personally want:

- Tickets to visit the Antartic or go swimming with whales. (Some things like these offer unimaginable experience and sensations although pricey).

- A table at Tetsuyas internationally famed Top 10 restaurants in the world (in Sydney) and the taster menu.

- Having my boss tell me that my partner has requested the day off for me and for it to be granted.

- A surprise birthday party.

- Payed tuition for language lessons or instrumental lessons.

- A pet dog or the next best thing.

These are all things I want in the future as they are unrealistic at this moment. But generally the trend is, do something memorable and original, thoughtful, and show that you have planned it over a long period or taken considerable effort to get done.

i take what i said back....u want to many wants!!

pmr_123

HSC
you kinda do need to tell us moree about ur bf, to give us an idea of what he'd like, and how much you wanna spend.
my bf b'day is coming up too, and so is christmas, i was thinking on the lines of an electric razor, something he'd use, fairly often anyway, and something he can keep. and possibly something nice like a pocket knife, and having it engraved.
if you really arent sure, tlak to his olds, thats my plan b. find out what they're getting him, and all that jazz, goodluck

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
bscienceboi said:
Haha ;) how'd she manage that! :p

played my ex a song dedication and sang (one of the few times haha)

pmr_123

HSC
hehe, songs are so cute, bf did that for me once, and i loved it, but i still prefer something that you can keep, to give and to receive.
my bf reckons he's buying me a new mobile.

Leah.Midd

HSC

yeha i like the personal gift idea, hand made,artistic kinda thing is kewl. im a bit of an artistic perosn so id enjoy doing that but what to make i dunno.

ok u wanan no a bit more about him:
- into his car EXTREMELY into his car
- likes soccer
- was a chef (i cant cook for shit so id rather not cook for him lol)
- fishing maniac
- into outside stuff like camping etc
- we go out to dinner alot in newy then walk along the break wall thing and along the beach, which is totally romantic.
- he has bought me roses when out to dinner
- ummmmmmm is that enough info?

i wouldnt mind doing sum painting or something but then i dunno wot he'd do wit it. these ideas r great guys, keep them coming!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
oooh, cooking

chefs love for others to cook for them, dont let the fact it might suck bring you down. its the thought that counts, and perhaps he can give you a little pointers and things... ;) *ahem* yeah, its a great idea, try and get some tips on how to do things, and prepare it for him, then go for a walk out to the beaches with the food or something :)

pmr_123

HSC
sex > lap dance

if he likes camping and all that sort of stuff take him away for a weekend camping, on your own and get to know each other really well. it'd be really thoughtful and sweet.

Last edited:

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Cooking is good, as long as it tastes good. :p

Well, making it look good is also important. I made a huge heart-shaped, elaborately decorated cookie for my boyfriend and he didn't want to eat it because he thought it was too pretty to be destroyed. :p So I gave him all the other bits I had left over after cutting out the heart.

Simple things to make are chocolates. Melt cooking chocolate, pour it into moulds, shove it in a fridge and decorate them when they're solid. :p Anything that you can shape is good as it allows you to be creative.

Leah.Midd

HSC
AsyLum said:
oooh, cooking

chefs love for others to cook for them, dont let the fact it might suck bring you down. its the thought that counts, and perhaps he can give you a little pointers and things... ;) *ahem* yeah, its a great idea, try and get some tips on how to do things, and prepare it for him, then go for a walk out to the beaches with the food or something :)
i couldnt cook, theres no way. he'd have to hold himself back so much from picking at everything lol i could just imagine it now.

Leah.Midd

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
Cooking is good, as long as it tastes good. :p
Simple things to make are chocolates. Melt cooking chocolate, pour it into moulds, shove it in a fridge and decorate them when they're solid. :p Anything that you can shape is good as it allows you to be creative.
oh i like the choccies idea. ill do that for sure!! thats so cute

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)