pressure (1 Viewer)

Blu

Just.
HSC
Media portays pressure as enormous. Soln: Don't watch so much TV - - it's usually full of crap.

Different people deal with pressure differently. Soln: Stay calm and actually do what you can instead of stressing about it. (Note time stressin = time wasted)

People put more pressure on themselves than others do. Soln: Know your options. Know them well?

Generally:
Culture and background affect pressure. Longer term high achievers will receive more pressure than others. "Natural" (very reserved use of that term) talented people will receive more pressure as "natural" talent only goes so far.

When you start to pressure yourself, you usually start to undermine yourself if you overdo it. Beyond that if you're a perfectionist, you begin to overestimate others.

Extremes have a tendency of being unhealthy. So don't overpressure youself. Some days you need to push away from pressure and breathe and get a bearing of how you're faring. Like I've read somewhere it's also good to accept compliments instead of rejecting them. You won't get a big head if you awknowledge your achievements sometimes (I read that in the studying section I think).

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
i reckon, to reduce stress u shuld try to work consistently and try to finish everything early- especially assessment tasks and notes: i reckon if i did that i would've had way less stress- and prolly got better marks as well. :mad1:

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
I think the more 'traditional' schools place pressure on the HSC, however if the pressure affects the student is up to the individual, their circumstances and their background.

Hmm. By traditional, I mean schools with a strong academic background, or schools that have been established 70years ago but still haven't gotten out of the 1930s...like my school. I sometimes feel like I'm in a jail... :(

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
I think the majority of pressure comes from what you want to do yourself...

I know personally i need a UAI of 99.75 to get into the uni course i want to do next year and there is a possibility that it will go up this year... :(

This is quite a worrying thought. I guess it does place a bit of pressure on us.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by MissSavage29
I think the majority of pressure comes from what you want to do yourself...

I know personally i need a UAI of 99.75 to get into the uni course i want to do next year and there is a possibility that it will go up this year... :(

This is quite a worrying thought. I guess it does place a bit of pressure on us.
what course is this btw- commerce/law @ USYD?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Everyone so over rates the hsc, its not the end of the world if u don't do well. Ujust sit a few exams and all you get is a piece of paper.

Uni cut offs are really inflated, they are beyond a joke. One of my firends didn't get a high enough uai to get into uni, know she is going to tafe and studying land conservation. In two years she will have a dipolma and then she is going to macquarie uni and then she gets exempted from most of the subjects taught, cause she has already done them.

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
i agree with Cape, the HSC is the biggest farce that you will go through in your education.

UAI Cut Off's may go up, but remember that the Uni's have to fill places! One of my friends got a 37.75 UAI, and he got into IT which needed 70+. WTF is that! I'l tell you what, its crazy and the HSC is a load of codswallop.

Woahh watch out its year 12! Pfft, pressure? Your only as pressurized as you let yourself be. If your parents are pressuring you, tell them to back the hell off & if my principal did that to me i would have removed his scalp.

yeah thats right im a bad ass mo'fo, dont mess with me.

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
hmm...never heard of it- until now! :p
Yeah i hadn't heard about it before this year - it's a combination of history and law - considering i love history it seem's like a pretty logical idea to have a look at

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I love the pressure, without it i usually just.... drift along with the tide. Pressure's what forces me to actually work. I love the short deadlines.

Basically tho.... Im so glad im in year 12, think about the guys in kindy, All those assignments you've already done? They still have to do em. Booya!

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i havent felt much pressure so far.....xcept mabey from my geo teacher (head o hsie...n loves 2 boast bout how well we went in hsie, esp. compared 2 d otha local skools), n my tutor/mum (just bout knucklin down dis yr, esp. in eng)

Marie-Paule

yer the pressure sucks....i dont deal with it too well...n i dont mean pressure of like assesments n work...pressure from the aprents when they pull out the biggest cliches in the world..."ohhh we came here to give you and ur brother the best education and the best chance at life...i had a life in Mauritius....we had to take u n ur brother and move him from his skool" and on n on...its more the guilt trip *sighs* fear of dissapointing

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by Not-That-Bright
Basically tho.... Im so glad im in year 12, think about the guys in kindy, All those assignments you've already done? They still have to do em. Booya!
And all those year 12 assignments we've already done. Booya!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)