Pretty much the worst possible start to the HSC (1 Viewer)

bored of sc

HSC
Here's my dilemma. I have been putting in effort. Doing homework, preparing assessments, study. The lot. But I have gotten a below good mark for my first assessment and have buggered up my first maths one (even though it doesn't count :)). Do you think I am suffering under the pressure? Overdoing things and getting caught up? :eek:

I just want to reinforce that I am not one of those melodramatic people seeking attention. I am genuinely concerned about my attitude towards the HSC. Do you think I should takes things less seriously? Although I'm not that serious about the whole thing. But I'm serious nonetheless. Hmm?

Any advice?

munchiecrunchie

HSC
you're stressing out too much and making silly mistakes.

solution: RELAX

try meditation and or some other relaxation techniques. if you've revised and prepared yourself well then there's no need to be stressed. that's what you've got to tell yourself.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I think if you are to make mistakes during the HSC year, I reckon the best time would be the first term (i.e. this term) when the weighting for each assessment is relatively low.

You can learn from them, right? Your mistake during this term can be a good source of motivation if you are an optimistic person. Good luck.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Don't stress too much, it is a rough time for all of us 09ers while adjusting into the HSC routine. Like Namu said you can learn from your mistakes and don't stress too much, it isn't like you have done below your personal standard in the HSC trials or something like that.

Don't get too overwhelmed, there is a fine line between working hard and overworking. I dont think there is anything wrong with your attitude, it's understandable that you want to achieve in the HSC however don't let a bad result or two get you down, you are obviously a very capable of achieving great results.
I'm sure you will do very well throughout the HSC year bored of sc :)

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
bored of sc said:
Here's my dilemma. I have been putting in effort. Doing homework, preparing assessments, study. The lot. But I have gotten a below good mark for my first assessment and have buggered up my first maths one (even though it doesn't count :)). Do you think I am suffering under the pressure? Overdoing things and getting caught up? :eek:

I just want to reinforce that I am not one of those melodramatic people seeking attention. I am genuinely concerned about my attitude towards the HSC. Do you think I should takes things less seriously? Although I'm not that serious about the whole thing. But I'm serious nonetheless. Hmm?

Any advice?
Firstly - ranks matter, not marks (until HSC exams).

Also, do NOT take the HSC very seriously. There is no need.

The HSC = exaggerated, and not as difficult as it is made out to be. This will be especially true when you look back on it.

Be calm, because stress / worry / concern often is to your academic detriment.
For example, the majority of my English tasks I was being excessively pedantic. Ultimately, you realise how pointless this is.

I ended up taking risks in the trial (coming up with everything, literally for both papers the night before / that morning / during the actual exam). However, because I was calm, and tired of being pedantic, and confidently discussed the ideas I came up with, I gained perfect / near perfect marks throughout multiple sections.

Furthermore, it isn't worth worrying about how much other people are doing. Certain students in my subjects did most / all of the work set, and even more, and they didn't end up first. Simply focus on what is needed / what you need, and cut the rest (especially English).

Overall...

- Work consistently.
- Ignore other people.
- Be confident in what you are writing / working on.

H4rdc0r3

HSC
holy crap man.... you're totally screwed. Forget about the token sympathy and face the truth. ZOMG HSC GAME OVER.

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
Hey and get out there and still have some wholesome fun - sport etc. Don't stop doing stuff you've done in the past. Fitting it in will make you study smarter and shorter and more efficiently. And you'll have a stress outlet when times get frustrating or tough.

There's nothing like thrashing it out on the netball court when you're stressed (or Rugby field, or whatever your poison is).

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Gl bosc
You'll always be smart to me

Nah but, I'm sure you can do better.. I agree with Namu

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
rofl chillax dude. fuck some girls, go get smashed. go out. get some fresh air.

the HSC shouldn't be 'forced', stud ywhen you feel like it - not becauseyou have to.

bored of sc

HSC
Cheers for all the replies. Very helpful and realistic what you are saying. :D

L

quit bos forever 23/01/07
Under the Tuscan Sun, as per usual, fuckan tearin
HSC
N/A
bored of sc said:

Any advice?
asif that is bad.

both my parents got supercansir in term 2 of my hsc

consider yourself lucky

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)