Princess Di? (1 Viewer)

fruitcake91

HSC
N/A
I'm thinking about doing Princess Di for my major project.. I've been thinking along the lines of "how close is her media representation to reality?" but I'm not entirely sure... would anyone have any good ideas in regards to researching her?

fruitcake91

HSC
N/A
Actually forget that - I'm looking more towards a "factors that contributed to the decline in popularity of the British monarchy" type of question. I'm still not entirely sure though.. so if anyone could help, that would be appreciated? :D

Zephyrio

HSC
I'd advise against that as she's a pretty new case and also, there's a lot of crap and speculation in the media that you'd have to wade through.

HSC
Yeah, well ...

It's a bit cliche, i'm also doing ext. history and I have no idea what i'd want to do. All i know is that media contributing to the decline of something is very common. Something i hope to steer away from

fruitcake91

HSC
N/A
Zephyrio said:
I'd advise against that as she's a pretty new case and also, there's a lot of crap and speculation in the media that you'd have to wade through.
Was that to my initial idea or my second one?

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
the media one sounds much more society and culture pip than history extension.
maybe search around in areas of history that you're interested in e.g. holocaust, any particular wars, egyptian pharaoh+ some controversial part of their reign, prominent personalities in the past+ controversial issues etc...i'd say it's easier to find some controversy in history that interests you and assess both sides of the argument.

edit: the second one could work if you find a few historians with differing opinions as to declining popularity and assess their arguments against your own.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
there's a lot of documentary's made about it. find ones from reputable producers and you'll have a great amount of research there for you. i remember seeing one ages ago, might have been on ABC. but yeah, see if you can find some

HSC
i had a friend in my class try to do that last year but she had to change it because it was too hard and unrealistic. princess di is too new and um, loosy goosey. thus i advise you to do the same as her and change.

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
Actually forget that - I'm looking more towards a "factors that contributed to the decline in popularity of the British monarchy" type of question. I'm still not entirely sure though.. so if anyone could help, that would be appreciated? :D
If this is the sort of question you want to do, then why not look at King Edward VIII who abdicated before WWII? There's a lot about him and what he did and why he abdicated. One could certainly argue or investigate whether his abdication was a factor in the decline or rise in popularity of the royals.

Just a thought.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)