Private vs. Public Schools! (1 Viewer)

esu_chan

HSC
Although I have no input for most things such as education etc, as I attend (and have attended since primary) a public school. Most of my encouters of private school kids have been at Visual arts things such as National Art School and art gallery things. From what I have experienced, I feel as though kids from private schools think that they are better than public schools. This is a general thing that happens to me EVERY time I meet a private school kid:

Private school kid: Hey, are you from a private school or a public school?
Me: Public school.
Private school kid: Oh, okay.... Ehehe.... :uhoh: Tee hee? :3

So far I have only met two private schoolers who have not done that.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
I just think it comes down to personal preference. There's pluses and minuses to both public schools and privates school and stereotypes surrounding both don't help so pick which ever you feel you'll do best in.

Garygaz

HSC
i think it comes down to whether your parents are poor

HSC
Yes, Garygaz, that is correct. Poor people do not have access to the resources or pedagogical techniques that the more privilieged and wealthier classes in Australian society have at their fingertips, and this explains their poorer educational performance. While I do not doubt that private schools produce superior educational outcomes to public schools, this is entirely due to the funding that they recieve. Public schools in Australia are woefully underfunded. How do you expect a child to learn when his laptop is over four years old and only runs Windows XP? How do you expect a child to master the concept of multipication tables when the interiors of the bathrooms at his school are so completely covered in grafitti and have been vandalised (likely by another marginalised group the exclusivist government has forgotten or actively and insidiously operates to suppress)? The only thing that I am surprised by is that public school students conclude their education learning anything at all. Oppression, persecution and purposely conditions can only suppress the human spirit so far, I suppose..

evanstroeve

Premium Member
HSC
Yes, Garygaz, that is correct. Poor people do not have access to the resources or pedagogical techniques that the more privilieged and wealthier classes in Australian society have at their fingertips, and this explains their poorer educational performance. While I do not doubt that private schools produce superior educational outcomes to public schools, this is entirely due to the funding that they recieve. Public schools in Australia are woefully underfunded. How do you expect a child to learn when his laptop is over four years old and only runs Windows XP? How do you expect a child to master the concept of multipication tables when the interiors of the bathrooms at his school are so completely covered in grafitti and have been vandalised (likely by another marginalised group the exclusivist government has forgotten or actively and insidiously operates to suppress)? The only thing that I am surprised by is that public school students conclude their education learning anything at all. Oppression, persecution and purposely conditions can only suppress the human spirit so far, I suppose..
You are absolutely clueless. Public schools are not a den of "insidiously" suppressed poor people. Although it doesn't necessarily stand for the whole of the public school sector, the top 8 schools this year were public schools. Educational superiority is not a result of financial superiority. Such a fucking stupid post.

Last edited:
HSC
I am sorry, you are the clueless one. If you actually think that the top eight public schools in this country are representative of all public schools in this country you are off your rocker, and probably a "white" supremacist to boot. This is a perfect example of the managerial, exclusivist elite throwing the masses a few bones so that its devoted lapdogs, its mindless, completely inculcated grunts, like you, can, when people like myself shine the beacon of truth on these matters point and say "no, you're wrong! Look, here's a couple of schools that actually do well!" Say it with me: C-O-N-T-R-O-L A-N-D C-O-N-F-U-S-E. You are either completely brainwashed by the daily two minute hate rituals, directed at Emmanuel Goldsteins like myself (however, the difference between myself and Emmanuel Goldstein is I am not a fabrication of the party as an instrument of deeper societal control but a genuine warrior for truth), that your teachers force you to undertake every day or are actually a beneficiary of the completely lopsided and unfair social order that enriches the few and suppresses and oppresses the many yourself.

Fuck you..

Last edited:

RANK 1

HSC
I am sorry, you are the clueless one. If you actually think that the top eight public schools in this country are representative of all public schools in this country you are off your rocker, and probably a "white" supremacist to boot. This is a perfect example of the managerial, exclusivist elite throwing the masses a few bones so that its devoted lapdogs, its mindless, completely inculcated grunts, like you, can, when people like myself shine the beacon of truth on these matters point and say "no, you're wrong! Look, here's a couple of schools that actually do well!" Say it with me: C-O-N-T-R-O-L A-N-D C-O-N-F-U-S-E. You have either been completely brainwashed by the daily two minute hate rituals, directed at Emmanuel Goldstein's like me (the only difference between myself and Emmanuel Goldstein is I am not a fabrication of the party as an instrument of deeper societal control but a genuine warrior for truth) your teachers force you to undertake every day or are actually a beneficiary of the completely lopsided and unfair social order that enriches the few and suppresses and oppresses the many.

Fuck you..

i pretty much learnt everything myself, it wouldnt have made that much of a difference whether i went to a public school or private school other than the fact that i'll be surronded by more retards

HSC
There are many types of intelligence and learning styles. Unfortunately for the rest of us, though fortunately for you, you are in a minority in that you are a capable self-autodidact, while other types of learners, whether they be kinetic, visual spatial, or verbal can only absorb instructive information via the aid of a trained professional. The quality of these professionals varies, and the quality of their techniques is also seemingly interminably varied.. it is just a reality that the wealthiest members of society have access and monopoly on the best of these professionals and the techniques, while the poorest do not.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
I am sorry, you are the clueless one. If you actually think that the top eight public schools in this country are representative of all public schools in this country you are off your rocker, and probably a "white" supremacist to boot. This is a perfect example of the managerial, exclusivist elite throwing the masses a few bones so that its devoted lapdogs, its mindless, completely inculcated grunts, like you, can, when people like myself shine the beacon of truth on these matters point and say "no, you're wrong! Look, here's a couple of schools that actually do well!" Say it with me: C-O-N-T-R-O-L A-N-D C-O-N-F-U-S-E. You are either completely brainwashed by the daily two minute hate rituals, directed at Emmanuel Goldsteins like myself (however, the difference between myself and Emmanuel Goldstein is I am not a fabrication of the party as an instrument of deeper societal control but a genuine warrior for truth), that your teachers force you to undertake every day or are actually a beneficiary of the completely lopsided and unfair social order that enriches the few and suppresses and oppresses the many yourself.

Fuck you..
oh boy, we got ourselves a live one

also look up cultural capital, you've only got like half the picture at best

evanstroeve

Premium Member
HSC

Fuck you..
I'm from a rank 400-something public school and I did well in the HSC, hardly an exclusivist elitist. I didn't say the 8 schools were representative of the whole of NSW public schools (read my post), but it is, I think, worth some note. Poor educational performance is in no way solely linked to being poor in general, as you seem to be suggesting.
Take your verbose rhetoric elsewhere and construct a reasonable and justified argument that isn't based solely on some old laptops and graffiti.

Viva La Revolution, Emmanuel.

Last edited:

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
Yes, Garygaz, that is correct. Poor people do not have access to the resources or pedagogical techniques that the more privilieged and wealthier classes in Australian society have at their fingertips, and this explains their poorer educational performance. While I do not doubt that private schools produce superior educational outcomes to public schools, this is entirely due to the funding that they recieve. Public schools in Australia are woefully underfunded.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I have to admit that made me laugh inside.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
but the source is right next to the graph

are you calling the National Center for Education Statistics nazis?

Why do you hate the government so much?

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
The problem with this whole entire question is based on prejudice and biased opinion. People who go to public will obviously think it's better and those in private will think theirs is better. There isn't a right or wrong answer because no school is perfect. Not even Ruse. I go to private in Sydney Grammar and i still see the exact same behaviours shown from public school people. In the end, it all goes down to the individual's belief and which school helps them improve for HSC.

HSC
That is not what I am doing, but I would not be surprised if they actually were Nazis to be honest...

As for your beloved graph, that which you have shifted all your cards onto in the hope to defeat me in this argument, I can tell you that think tanks can finagle, selectively edit data from any source that they want. They bend the data and reality to their preconceptions rather than accept the data in its rawest form. There are lies, filthy stinking lies and statistics. It may also be a product of the American government providing funding to schools in order to placate the masses into thinking that the government has their welfare at heart, but in reality they are only using that money to provide substandard and deliberately ineffective pedagogical techniques that do not allow the masses to reach their true potential. It is easier to control the masses when they are stupid..

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
That is not what I am doing, but I would not be surprised if they actually were Nazis to be honest...

As for your beloved graph, that which you have shifted all your cards onto in the hope to defeat me in this argument, I can tell you that think tanks can finagle, selectively edit data from any source that they want. They bend the data and reality to their preconceptions rather than accept the data in its rawest form. There are lies, filthy stinking lies and statistics. It may also be a product of the American government providing funding to schools in order to placate the masses into thinking that the government has their welfare at heart, but in reality they are only using that money to provide substandard and deliberately ineffective pedagogical techniques that do not allow the masses to reach their true potential. To control the masses, it is easier for them to be stupid..
ad hominem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)