problems with the pill (1 Viewer)

kazan

im a herooo
at home, in the study, on a chair, infront of a co
HSC
my girlfriend started taking the pill last week

and as soon as she started taking the non-sugar pills, (she took them at about 9 at night) the next morning she would wake up with her heart racing and not being able to breathe, she went to wash her face and started throwing up.

the next 2 days this happend aswell

anyone know anything that could help
?
cheerss

Skeeta

HSC
i also got very sick when i went on the pill, for me it was nauseusness and tiredness - a body reacts to the chemicals. But ANY respiratory problems are rather serious so a doctors visit is a must

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
yeah maybe a doctor, and no more pills till the said doctor has been seen.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
i have a question about the pill - how careful should i be about he whole take it at the same time thing? like i mean i take it every night before i go to bed, but like, would an hour or so difference on some nights be a huge problem?

mr_brightside

HSC
Born Dancer said:
i have a question about the pill - how careful should i be about he whole take it at the same time thing? like i mean i take it every night before i go to bed, but like, would an hour or so difference on some nights be a huge problem?
Not a HUGE problem especially only if you are a bit late occasionally, it'll still work fine and dandy. If you miss one be sure to realise the effect of the pill may be affected up to a week after. If you have concern's still, see your doctor.
:)

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
oh i dont mean missing one, i just mean like i take it right before i go to bed, so like lately i could take it as late as 10 to 12. but i want to start going to bed earlier so its likely the time i take it will change to like 10:30ish. i suppose if i make this constant it shouldnt matter so much??

mr_brightside

HSC
blah thats fine.
But bedtime varies.
You should take it in the middle of the day/afternoon. Thats the time when your most likely to be up, no matter what day.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
im just not always home then and are likely to forget at that time. i think ill just take it at like 10.30 regardless of if i go to bed then or not :) its just a matter of picking a time and making it constant.

thanks dathaniel!

mr_brightside

HSC
No problem! and yes, making a constant time is good (y)

Man I should be a doctor :(
Pity I got less than half the required UAI =\

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
within 3 hours makes no difference, some pills even account for within 6 hours.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
the pill scares me. a very good friend of mine got pregnant while she was on the pill and she took it religiously
my girlfriend cant take it because of blood clotting problems in her veins... is this common?

vodkacrumble

shiftworker
HSC
DrownTheCrow said:
the pill scares me. a very good friend of mine got pregnant while she was on the pill and she took it religiously
my girlfriend cant take it because of blood clotting problems in her veins... is this common?
technically the info sheets in the pill packets do warn that it's not 100% safe, there is a margin of error that some people can fall into and get pregnant (i took it for a few years but also never trusted it as full protection so i used condoms too).

and using it can increase your risk of DVT. technically you're not meant to smoke while you use the pill either because that can add to the risk.

anyway - as for the original question, your girlfriend may have had some sort of allergic reaction to one/some of the ingredients in the pill, but pretty much she should stop taking it and see a doctor.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
DrownTheCrow said:
yep it is... lik ppl that get ure gf's condition and there is a whole family of conditions tat mean u cant take it.. even smokers over 30 shouldnt take it cos of risks

the time thing is just about making sure u remember but its good to keep it within 1 hr for birth control regulation... but if ure on it for other reasons then its not too much of a worry.

the go to a doctor quickly signs:
- swelling of ankles, calves, etc
- pain anywhere.. chest, calves, thighs abdominal
- skin looks yellow/ itching, pale stools
- heavy bleeding

hers sounds realli bad.. she should see a doctor.. it might not be related to the pill tho... but it sounds lik there is a problem... best to get it checked out soon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)