Process of statistical inquiry...? (1 Viewer)

sparcut

HSC
N/A
I got the following question wrong. It is from Gen Math HSC 2012:

Code:
Greg needs to conduct a statistical inquiry into how much time people aged 18–25 years have spent accessing social media websites in the last two weeks. He has decided to survey a sample of students from his university.

The process of statistical inquiry includes the following steps, which are NOT in order.

A Writing a report
    B Posing questions
    C Organising data
    D Analysing data and drawing conclusions
    E Collecting data
    F Summarising and displaying data

(i) Using the letters A, B, C, D, E and F, list the steps in the most appropriate order for Greg to conduct his statistical inquiry.
Correct answer is:
B, E, C, F, D, A

After googling "Process of statistical inquiry" I can that the answer is correct.

My answer:
B, E, C, D, F, A
Reasoning:
I put D before F because you would need to analyse and draw conclusions in regards to all of the data, then summarize it for displaying. It could be the seven information processes from IPT toying with these ideas, but I've asked quite a few people and the results seem to be split 50/50.

:confused2:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I agree with the answer: B, E, C, F, D, A as this is the process of statistical inquiry. It seems like you'd be best off memorising the steps rather then overthinking the process.

sparcut

HSC
N/A
I agree with the answer: B, E, C, F, D, A as this is the process of statistical inquiry. It seems like you'd be best off memorising the steps rather then overthinking the process.
Right, must be something I missed in class. Didn't realise it was rule.

Cheers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)