• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Procrastination busters (1 Viewer)

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
how do you stop yourself from procrastinating?

for me, reading motivational books seem to help a bit. uninstalling msn messenger would be a good solution too, but i wouldn't stay sane for too long after that :p

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
what kinda books. i gotta stock up on at least a whole room full!! argh the pain....procrastination settiing in....need motivational object....

what i intend to do is to rent video, that are motivational. meloncollie do you know whether the blockbuster at hurstville need anything for registration?

cause i intend to hit the books this summer. go blakehurst! actually made the top 200 :D only other school to have made it in other than the two selective schools.

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
they're books like "Harvard Girl" and stuff...:p

yeah you need to be over 18 to register at Blockbuster Hurstville. but how can videos motivate you??

congrats to Blakehurst :)

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
meLoncoLLie said:
they're books like "Harvard Girl" and stuff...:p

yeah you need to be over 18 to register at Blockbuster Hurstville. but how can videos motivate you??

congrats to Blakehurst :)
yeah thats what i thought as well. ggrr..stupid age barrier. just 1 and a half more years til that magical age. thanks :D

i tried going into hurstville library's study room. it was a complete failure. first i don't like quiet places, second, every little noise and movement distracted me. put more pressure than before. well you know the thing with chinese parents. they give and expect what they think yo want instead of what you really need. :$

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
lesmiester_dj said:
yeah thats what i thought as well. ggrr..stupid age barrier. just 1 and a half more years til that magical age. thanks :D

i tried going into hurstville library's study room. it was a complete failure. first i don't like quiet places, second, every little noise and movement distracted me. put more pressure than before. well you know the thing with chinese parents. they give and expect what they think yo want instead of what you really need. :$
get your parents to register or something. I actually registered at Penshurst, they didn't ask for my age, but i'm not sure if they do now.

the study room in Hurstville library is alright, though i hate sitting near the automatic door, because the noise of it opening and closing really gets me!

mack said:
Phrases like "Would you like fries with that?" helped me alot....
hahahahah, good one

wanton-wonton

HSC
I can't uninstall MSN because my mum uses it to contact my relatives in China. I told her to call them instead but she likes the idea of using a webcam to contact because she can see my relatives...thats understandable...

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
wanton-wonton said:
I can't uninstall MSN because my mum uses it to contact my relatives in China. I told her to call them instead but she likes the idea of using a webcam to contact because she can see my relatives...thats understandable...

make ur mum her own account and delete urs............

wanton-wonton

HSC
That'll still be using MSN, retard.

My mum does have an account.

How can I delete my account? Delete everyone off my list? I already had a massive clear-out recently.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
meLoncoLLie said:
get your parents to register or something. I actually registered at Penshurst, they didn't ask for my age, but i'm not sure if they do now.

the study room in Hurstville library is alright, though i hate sitting near the automatic door, because the noise of it opening and closing really gets me!

hahahahah, good one
i know what you mean. *door opens, door closes, door opens, baby crying, door closes, people whispering, door opens, attempting to make as little noise but failing in process, door closes*

hey i saw you the other day at coles.

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
lesmiester_dj said:
hey i saw you the other day at coles.
when? i think i haven't been to coles for ages, so that must have been...a while ago?

I still don't know what you look like...but Mei said she'll introduce you to me? ^ ^

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
meLoncoLLie said:
when? i think i haven't been to coles for ages, so that must have been...a while ago?

I still don't know what you look like...but Mei said she'll introduce you to me? ^ ^
hey what the hell?! you know mei?

something tells me it won't be long. :p

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Donshe said:
go to the uai sections and read peopels uais
that more stirs jealousy and self-inferiority than motivation :(

i hate you smart non-bludgey ppl.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
Frigid said:

well hate being a bludger who is getting above average....wait thats good :D

who is in a school ranked 194th this year...that's bad :p

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
Frigid said:

agreed

but Frigid is smart too. do you hate them because you belong to the smart bludgey category? :p

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
meLoncoLLie said:
do you hate them because you belong to the smart bludgey category? :p
me more the cram-before-exam person. me no smart. :(

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
meLoncoLLie said:
agreed

but Frigid is smart too. do you hate them because you belong to the smart bludgey category? :p
i've been told that this is good. but once i focus and try to study, i lack the lack-of-preparation study technique. i have to rely on photographic memory.

but i want to be in the really really really..etc smart bludgy group. or to be just handed my 100 uai for the hsc right now...

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
Frigid said:
me more the cram-before-exam person. me no smart. :(
hey thats what i've been doing in all my exams in high school. it really sux when after that people think you're a super nerd just because you did well after a major cramming session!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)