• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Procrastination busters (1 Viewer)

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
Procrastination is a strange word to me...it sounds weird...when I first heard the word Procrastinate I thought it had something to do with anal probing....so when my friend said that she was procrastinating imagine my reaction =s

zhongie

HSC
procrastinate- comes from the latin pro - for and cras - tomorrow

Etymology is interesting...seriously.

(showing geek roots, pardon the pun.)

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
what i found good to beat procrastination was making a list of an afternoon when i had a free period or when i got home from school - the stuff that i wanted to have done that night -
helped me cause it showed me exactly what i had to do, and if i didn't complete it i knew that it was just goign to drag onto the next day.
then we you do complete your list you can treat yourself and go on msn or watch a movie or something.

if u want to get really organised you can make urself a thing on your wall with deadline - like when ur english assignment has to be finished etc in big letters - trust me it feels very good to be able to cross off/rip up the deadline for your assignemnt when its finished.

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
dani_danoz said:
I find that MSN is a great thing to use if you're procrastinating an assessment and you're stuck - our school seems to feast of procrastinators (even the top students) and everybody helps everyone on there. Even people I never really talk to at school will help me out which is sweet :)
yeah MSN's great for last-min help.

dani_danoz said:
MSN's really helpful. But I only seem to go on there when I need it lol! :p
please do teach me how you restricted yourself!

nicko88 said:
If there's one way to avoid procrastination, that would be to not go on your computer! Seriously, no matter when you're on the computer or what you're doing, you'll always find a way to distract yourself.

Pisses me off quite frankly.
*nods vigorously*

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
I deleted MSN..
i found i jus went on 2 chat and was on pretty much 24/7 wasting time
my new years resolution is no msn
lets c how long this lasts...
(this is an msn addict btw) :p

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
joe_m_2000 said:
I deleted MSN..
i found i jus went on 2 chat and was on pretty much 24/7 wasting time
my new years resolution is no msn
lets c how long this lasts...
(this is an msn addict btw) :p
i am an ex-msn addict. i am just a soical msn'er. those damn game on it hooked me. cause of bloody hexic!!! grr...i was always trying to beat my friend's score of 509K. ended up on about 220K. i have been sober for...wait i'm on right now :D

HSC
listenign too tales of my brother/sister desotrying (90+ UAI) the HSC :uhhuh:

goan_crazy

HSC
lesmiester_dj said:
i am an ex-msn addict. i am just a soical msn'er. those damn game on it hooked me. cause of bloody hexic!!! grr...i was always trying to beat my friend's score of 509K. ended up on about 220K. i have been sober for...wait i'm on right now :D
i reckon i totally agree with u...
msn was gr8 but v. evil!
i miss it heaps but :(

lala2

Banned
HSC
i deletd msn off both desktop and laptop computers, deleted the shortcuts to ferecell, solitaire, all the windows gamse on laptop, uninstalled cracker, unmmm....yeah. And I meade myself a holidays--english note making folder so it would inspire me to fill up the folder! (if it sounds sad, then let me be sad) and I also deleted some other dsitracting files from computer or hid them.

goan_crazy

HSC
lala2 said:
i deletd msn off both desktop and laptop computers, deleted the shortcuts to ferecell, solitaire, all the windows gamse on laptop, uninstalled cracker, unmmm....yeah. And I meade myself a holidays--english note making folder so it would inspire me to fill up the folder! (if it sounds sad, then let me be sad) and I also deleted some other dsitracting files from computer or hid them.
no thats not sad...thats good! good on ya! :)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
lesmiester_dj said:
hey thats what i've been doing in all my exams in high school. it really sux when after that people think you're a super nerd just because you did well after a major cramming session!

I am exactly the same... and pplz say to me..."oh i bet you study 24/7" they think i have no life...really i am just a HUGE bludger...and i need to stop procrastinating if i wanna get into law...

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i'm in exactly the same shoes. they think i study 24/7, just because of the mere fact that i'm chinese. i hate stereotypes! bring down the stereotypical dictator!!!

Danoz The Great

HSC
thaoroxy2001 said:
Procrastination is a strange word to me...it sounds weird...when I first heard the word Procrastinate I thought it had something to do with anal probing....so when my friend said that she was procrastinating imagine my reaction =s
LOL repped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)