Professional Business Cadetships (1 Viewer)

noddy90

HSC
heey just wondering, are the final inteviews for UBS all together, or are we still 1on1 interviewing ?cos mines on monday =]

swathard

HSC
hey has anyone attended a second-round interview for BNP and if so how'd you go??

seano77

Walk On
HSC
blaqie said:
after all that...

"As you know, you were short-listed as potential cadets for Westpac Business Financial Services (BFS) Cadetship Program and I would like to thank you for your interest in a cadetship position with Westpac.

We received many short-listed applications, however, only had a select number of positions for Wollongong, Sydney CBD/Metro and Newcastle.

After careful consideration, unfortunately, your application was not selected in our recruitment process to attend an interview with Westpac this week. The way in which we were able to select potential cadets to invite to interview, was attributed to the results you received further to the on-line assessment completed and your interview with Alastair Wilkinson of BCA. We also took into consideration the preferences you made in your application.

We wish you all the best for your HSC and beyond.

Yours sincerely,"
Did they email you this?

Yasaman- yes I would've accepted the Wollongong one.

seano77

Walk On
HSC
Yasaman said:
seano77 - ok
so u still haven't heard anything then ...
Still heard nothing. I'm still living in hope that they are yet to do some of them. Bit wishful though.

Yasaman

HSC
seano77 said:
Still heard nothing. I'm still living in hope that they are yet to do some of them. Bit wishful though.
yeah me too...

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
whos got a second round interview with Zurich? When is it? They called me on friday but i wasnt home so they said theyd call on monday, but they havnt called yet....

NickLG

HSC
Just got home from interview with UBS, again it was like a conversation so I have no idea how they're ganna pick the two operations positions from the four candidates left............I know Ovaschool was one of the other candidates but anyone else on this forum going for operations at UBS?

Nick

mismatch

HSC
NickLeG said:
Just got home from interview with UBS, again it was like a conversation so I have no idea how they're ganna pick the two operations positions from the four candidates left............I know Ovaschool was one of the other candidates but anyone else on this forum going for operations at UBS?

Nick
My brother got an offer already.

NickLG

HSC
mismatch said:
That pretty weird......considering they said they'd contact us on wednesday whether we had the position or not. Is your brother trying out for tax because there were only two people going for the one spot so maybe they were letting them know earlier. Operations I know at least its wednesday.

Also good for you Jordan, or whatever your name is. Even if I didn't get this one I still have PwC. Who are you stuck with? Rejected by the big four so you're stuck with some peasant company like PKF, that's considering you get PKF cause apparently they aren't even in to their second round, but I guess you're just so great that they didn't need a second round for you.

Nick

jordankuai22

HSC
NickLeG said:
That pretty weird......considering they said they'd contact us on wednesday whether we had the position or not. Is your brother trying out for tax because there were only two people going for the one spot so maybe they were letting them know earlier. Operations I know at least its wednesday.

Also good for you Jordan, or whatever your name is. Even if I didn't get this one I still have PwC. Who are you stuck with? Rejected by the big four so you're stuck with some peasant company like PKF, that's considering you get PKF cause apparently they aren't even in to their second round, but I guess you're just so great that they didn't need a second round for you.

Nick
um, actually i have BAcc.

which SHITS ALL OVER your cadetship.

little-fongie

HSC
haiderr said:
whos got a second round interview with Zurich? When is it? They called me on friday but i wasnt home so they said theyd call on monday, but they havnt called yet....
This week - mines tomorrow. I was called on friday (edit - actually i cant really remember when) and they emailed today.

Last edited:

Ovaschool303

HSC
mismatch said:
yeah well done to your brother for getting one. I would say that he wasnt in operations because David Costa who interviewed the 4 people from operations, said that they would make a decision on tuesday and notify them by wednesday.

Either way this business cadetship (with UBS) has a number of advantages and disadvantages compared to the accounting ones. First major advantage is that they pay for uni, very handy. Downside is that you have to work 5 days a week, so that means uni 3 night a week for 2 years until going to uni full time... whereas the accounting firms, well big 4 anyway... only make u work 4 days a week, or some mid tier firms say 4.5 days of work.

Surprisingly the base salary with UBS was quite low at 30k ... however they rocked on with the increases each year... also if u get a D or HD at uni they pay you a shitload...as I said pros and cons... looks like we find out on wednesday for who was successful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)