Progress Logbook (NO OFF TOPIC PLS) (24 Viewers)

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Idk where to send this but I've improved my raw mark ATAR calculator by a ton:

- The raw mark conversion is now effectively flawless for any aligned mark above 70 (except in eng ext 1/2 and ancient), after a few painstaking hours I've managed to deduce the exact band cutoffs for each subject +/- 1 mark and hence used linear interpolation from there, like NESA does - you can test with any 2022 mark from rawmarks.info and unless I've messed up a data entry, it will provide the exact same aligned mark. Keep in mind all data is from 2022, I might add more years later but adding them literally takes hours. What this mainly means is that the maths ext 1/2 alignment is nuts and the physics alignment sucks because of last year's exam difficulties
- I made it look a bit nicer I guess
- The aligned mark to scaled mark conversion has been improved significantly, I've excluded the mean data which I shouldn't have included because its not a conversion, and adjusted the equations to function below known data where previously they just went to +/- infinity
- The actual ATAR calculation now incorporates separated formulas for each ATAR "section" so it is pretty much a perfect aggregate->atar conversion given 2022 data
- I did some quick tests of the aligned->ATAR conversion on some of the ATARs published in the ATAR reveal thread last year (can be done by trial and erroring to find the raw mark for each aligned mark) and it consistently outperformed the Matrix ATAR calculator and was on par with UAC ATAR Compass in terms of accuracy, though with some obvious variation within the multiple raw marks of each aligned mark. Keep in mind that my calculations use multiple decimal places (like UAC does, so the ATAR output can depend on which raw mark you provide within each aligned mark) and the other ATAR calculators typically use multiple years of data so it's not a 1:1 comparison.

I hope this is helpful for people, I'm happy to add any subjects which people specifically want. I'll probably add a few more subjects and then make a full thread with it.
Wait so can I check my raw trial marks and see how I'd go in HSC?

carrotsss

HSC
Wait so can I check my raw trial marks and see how I'd go in HSC?
Assuming they're the same difficulty as last years HSC, yes! Keep in mind it obviously can't account for your school assessment mark and obviously you'll improve between trials and the HSC so it's not a 'prediction' so much as an indication of where you're currently at.

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
Assuming they're the same difficulty as last years HSC, yes! Keep in mind it obviously can't account for your school assessment mark and obviously you'll improve between trials and the HSC so it's not a 'prediction' so much as an indication of where you're currently at.
which subjects r u planning on adding next

carrotsss

HSC
I LITERALLY PUT MY ENG TRIAL MARK AND IM CRYING THE SCALED MARK HELPPPPPP
english standard scaling is rough :(

im sure youll do better in the hsc dw and also if ur school marks harsh then that would be a factor

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC

- The raw mark conversion is now effectively flawless for any aligned mark above 70 (except in eng ext 1/2 and ancient), after a few painstaking hours I've managed to deduce the exact band cutoffs for each subject +/- 1 mark and hence used linear interpolation from there, like NESA does - you can test with any 2022 mark from rawmarks.info and unless I've messed up a data entry, it will provide the exact same aligned mark. Keep in mind all data is from 2022, I might add more years later but adding them literally takes hours. What this mainly means is that the maths ext 1/2 alignment is nuts and the physics alignment sucks because of last year's exam difficulties
- The aligned mark to scaled mark conversion has been improved significantly, I've excluded the mean data which I shouldn't have included because its not a conversion, and adjusted the equations to function below known data where previously they just went to +/- infinity
- The actual ATAR calculation now incorporates separated formulas for each ATAR "section" so it is pretty much a perfect aggregate->atar conversion given 2022 data
- I did some quick tests of the aligned->ATAR conversion on some of the ATARs published in the ATAR reveal thread last year (can be done by trial and erroring to find the raw mark for each aligned mark) and it consistently outperformed the Matrix ATAR calculator and was on par with UAC ATAR Compass in terms of accuracy, though with some obvious variation within the multiple raw marks of each aligned mark. Keep in mind that my calculations use multiple decimal places (like UAC does, so the ATAR output can depend on which raw mark you provide within each aligned mark) and the other ATAR calculators typically use multiple years of data so it's not a 1:1 comparison.

I hope this is helpful for people, I'm happy to add any subjects which people specifically want. I'll probably add a few more subjects and then make a full thread with it.
Do we need to make a copy to use it 👉👈

synthesisFR

HSC

so ur saying to get a e4 in mx2 last yr u needed a 61/100

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
this is only 2022 hsc data, so its based on difficulty of 2022 hsc exams only

synthesisFR

HSC
BECAUSE IT IS

(and also apparently last years exam was hard or smth)
WHY DOES 60% OF THE STATE FAIL TO GET 61/100 THEN ARENT THEY SMART
I DONT FEEL LIKE IM SMARTER THAN 60% OF THE PEOPLE WHO DO MX2
I GET DESTROYED BY THE PEOPLE IN MY TUTORING CLASS I CAN BARELY STAY TOP 50% IN RANKING IN TUTORING well now my tutoring ended 😭 but yeah

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)