Progress Logbook (NO OFF TOPIC PLS) (3 Viewers)

carrotsss

HSC
WHY DOES 60% OF THE STATE FAIL TO GET 61/100 THEN ARENT THEY SMART
I DONT FEEL LIKE IM SMARTER THAN 60% OF THE PEOPLE WHO DO MX2
I GET DESTROYED BY THE PEOPLE IN MY TUTORING CLASS I CAN BARELY STAY TOP 50% IN RANKING IN TUTORING well now my tutoring ended 😭 but yeah
60% of the state who do mx2 includes people like the ext 2 kids from my school, most of whom got E2/3s. In a tutoring class the percentage of E4s would be much higher

nsw..wollongong

😍😍
HSC
Idk where to send this but I've improved my raw mark ATAR calculator by a ton:

- The raw mark conversion is now effectively flawless for any aligned mark above 70 (except in eng ext 1/2 and ancient), after a few painstaking hours I've managed to deduce the exact band cutoffs for each subject +/- 1 mark and hence used linear interpolation from there, like NESA does - you can test with any 2022 mark from rawmarks.info and unless I've messed up a data entry, it will provide the exact same aligned mark. Keep in mind all data is from 2022, I might add more years later but adding them literally takes hours. What this mainly means is that the maths ext 1/2 alignment is nuts and the physics alignment sucks because of last year's exam difficulties
- I made it look a bit nicer I guess
- The aligned mark to scaled mark conversion has been improved significantly, I've excluded the mean data which I shouldn't have included because its not a conversion, and adjusted the equations to function below known data where previously they just went to +/- infinity
- The actual ATAR calculation now incorporates separated formulas for each ATAR "section" so it is pretty much a perfect aggregate->atar conversion given 2022 data
- I did some quick tests of the aligned->ATAR conversion on some of the ATARs published in the ATAR reveal thread last year (can be done by trial and erroring to find the raw mark for each aligned mark) and it consistently outperformed the Matrix ATAR calculator and was on par with UAC ATAR Compass in terms of accuracy, though with some obvious variation within the multiple raw marks of each aligned mark. Keep in mind that my calculations use multiple decimal places (like UAC does, so the ATAR output can depend on which raw mark you provide within each aligned mark) and the other ATAR calculators typically use multiple years of data so it's not a 1:1 comparison.

I hope this is helpful for people, I'm happy to add any subjects which people specifically want. I'll probably add a few more subjects and then make a full thread with it.
hold on this calc gives me an atar prediction WAYYY above what uac compass gives me

carrotsss

HSC
WTF WAIT OMGGGGGG SO HOW DO U KNOW UR ALIGNED MARK WHAT
THE ALIGNED MARK IS THE ONE YOU GET FROM NESA ON DECEMBER 14

THE RAW MARK IS WHAT YOU ACTUALLY GOT IN THE EXAM, YOU DONT GET IT UNLESS YOU PAY FOR IT

ALIGNED MARK β‰  RAW MARK

MOST ATAR CALCULATORS USE ALIGNED MARKS BECAUSE THEY ARE MADE FOR THE TIME BETWEEN HSC AND ATAR RESULTS BUT PEOPLE MISUSE THEM

nsw..wollongong

😍😍
HSC
THE ALIGNED MARK IS THE ONE YOU GET FROM NESA ON DECEMBER 14

THE RAW MARK IS WHAT YOU ACTUALLY GOT IN THE EXAM, YOU DONT GET IT UNLESS YOU PAY FOR IT

ALIGNED MARK β‰  RAW MARK

MOST ATAR CALCULATORS USE ALIGNED MARKS BECAUSE THEY ARE MADE FOR THE TIME BETWEEN HSC AND ATAR RESULTS BUT PEOPLE MISUSE THEM
WAIT HOLD ON OKAY SO WAIT HOW DO I FIND MY ALIGNED MARK IF I HAVE MY RAW TRIAL MARKS WHAT DO I DOOOO HELP ME HELP ME BC UR ATAR CALC GIVES ME AN ATAR THAT IM VERY MUCH HAPPY WITH SO DONT GIVE ME FALSE HOPE PLEASE

scaryshark09

βˆžβˆ† who let 'em cook dis long βˆ†βˆž
HSC
WAIT HOLD ON OKAY SO WAIT HOW DO I FIND MY ALIGNED MARK IF I HAVE MY RAW TRIAL MARKS WHAT DO I DOOOO HELP ME HELP ME BC UR ATAR CALC GIVES ME AN ATAR THAT IM VERY MUCH HAPPY WITH SO DONT GIVE ME FALSE HOPE PLEASE
theoretically, you would put your trial marks into carrots calculator, not uac, cause uac uses aligned marks.
however, i would assume your trials would be a different difficulty level to the hsc (probs easier maybe idk), so it wouldn't be the same

scaryshark09

βˆžβˆ† who let 'em cook dis long βˆ†βˆž
HSC
some of your exams might have been harder and some easier than 2022 hsc for respective subjects.

nsw..wollongong

😍😍
HSC
HOLD TF UP YALL MY DREAM OF 99 ATAR MAY ACC COME TRU but istfg if carrots' calc is off I'm stealing his sheep i promise

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)